Year of No Stars - Teen/Romance

Title: Year of No Stars

Author: Madwriter21/justafangirlandapen

Summary: Thirteen years ago was when Laura's world suddenly stopped. No, not literally but she would never see human kind ever again. Or, so they thought. Laura is kidnapped, but by who? is not an appropriate question. By what? is what the police should be asking.

Laura lives, hidden away, only a baby, growing up in a humanless world on earth. She knows nothing different apart from what shes being taught. No one could have ever guessed the outcome of when she finally was introduced back into the world.

My thoughts: I think Madwriter21 is one of the most underappreciated authors on Wattpad. I mean, she writes amazing stuff! I don't think she has enough fans (followers now) or reads. I've seen her other stuff (but they're deleted now) and those are amazing. All her stories have such original plotting that I still wonder why she's not a Wattpad Celebrity right now.

Anyway, Year of No Stars is about a feral child. It's been a while since I've read it but I remember that it was just as good back then. The author changed some parts in the story so I went back to reread it and the ending still blew my mind away a gazillion miles and left me thinking about it until I went to write this review.

When I first found Year of No Stars on a read for read, I thought it was a werewolf story (alpha, mate) but it wasn't. It was a unique story about a girl growing up amongst wolves and coming back to the human society afterwards and seeing things in the society very differently and it was interesting to find out what she thought. I don't think there are any other ones on Wattpad (at least, I haven't seen any). My memory isn't that well and all I can say is that I loved the romance with Laura and Noah. I loved the little world the author created in Laura's head, and most of all, I loved the ending. It was heartbreakingly beautiful—if you haven't read it yet, you should check it out some time. (External Link on the side)