Ignotus - Sci-fi/Adventure (Dystopian)

Title: Ignotus

Author: Smilies

Summary: Future society is corrupt. After science was the supposed end of the world, there were few survivors scattered across the earth. Some came together to build a new world, a stronger world, one better than the previous one. Slowly the human population grew. And some of them became greedy. Who can blame them? Humans are selfish and power-hungry creatures after all.

Now, Strongs rule the towns - Toven and Baron - flaunting their riches and power. Poverty eats away at the poorer parts of the town. Disease outbreaks come and go every few years. Living in the slums is terrifying. Basically, if you are an Indignant, you have no help. You have no life. And you have to face all the arising issues on your own, and most of them don't make it. There is a group, however. Nobody knows how they came to be. Nobody knows who is a part of their association. Nobody knows their motives. Nobody knows what they fight for. They are the Ignotus; Unknown. And they're secretly planning a rebellion against the legion, to end this reign of greed. But when corruption floats around, thick in the air, who can be too sure that the Ignotus won't fall into it as well? You can never be too sure with the Unknown.

My Thoughts: I'm really into dystopian, if anybody has noticed. Anyway, this was amongst one of the dystopian stories I found on Wattpad. Yay! Secretly, I love how the Vampire/Alpha books are diminishing and the dystopian are rising in teen fiction.

In this book, the author represents an exaggerated version of our own society and how ranks according to money can be corrupt. I honestly really love this book. In most dystopian, you are given an idea straight away of which piece of ruined land the society is in or they never give it to you and you'll assume it's located either somewhere on earth or some obscure landscape you've never heard of. In this book, it does gradually allude to which part of the planet it takes place in which is very rare many dystopian books.

The main character is believable and vibrant. She's definitely not a Mary Sue which adds up plenty of points of why you should read it. Being Indignant, the main character has access to telling the story from their point of view. It's well written and I think it's great! Remember to check it out! (External link on the side)

Edit: Discontinued and no longer on Wattpad