-5-

"i love you so,please
let me go."

|| ROSANNA'S POV||

suddenly, out of nowhere, a guy in building clothes turned up, soon after, a guy made of sand turned up as well. "you picked the wrong side," The builder guy called. "what's your name," i asked. "max," he responded. "cool name," i nodded. "wait...are you a superhero," Max asked me. "not really-" i began. "yeah she is, she's just being humble, she saved the universe," Ned interrupted me. "half the universe," i spat. "i ain't never seen a black superhero before," max raised an eyebrow.

"well times change," I shrugged. suddenly, we heard laughing, out from the shadows came the lizard. "connors?" Max asked. "you know this creature thing," I asked. "no, no, no, no, no. not a creature. a man," Max told me. "oh, they're from the same universe," i nudged ned. "Dr Connors, he was a scientist at Oscorp when i worked there, a brilliant scientist. until he turned himself into a lizard, then he tried to turn the whole city into lizards, it was crazy," Max rambled.

"it wasn't crazy max, it was the next step in human evolution," Dr Connors told him. "the dinosaur can talk," Ned whispered. "Speaking of rich, what happened to you? last i recall you had bad teeth, glasses and a combover. did you...get a makeover? you know i can give you a real makeover," Connors smiled. "let me guess, into a lizard," Max asked. "exactly," Connors smirked.

"would you two just shut up, where are we," The sandman asked. "you're in a wizard's dungeon, no way to put it sweeter, it's a wizard's dungeon. we're here to send you home, so just relax," I sighed. "look, you can keep your magic. i want a taste of that new energy i just felt," Max smiled.

that's when i got a call from peter. "hey," Peter spoke. "hi," i responded. "uh, did those guys come through yet, there should be an electric guy and a sand guy," Peter asked me. "yep, both here, happy, healthy and pretty as ever," I smirked. "perfect, i'm gonna just stay here for a bit and try and fix some of this damage so they don't blame it on me again," he told me. "okay," i responded. "and, zan wait-" He pleaded. "i'm still here," I responded, in a softer tone.

"i'm sorry i didn't let you come here with me today, i get so worried and stressed out, i don't want you getting hurt, i wouldn't be able to live with myself, i love you and i just-" Peter stuttered. "peter, it's okay, i understand. i love you too, just, calm down," i chuckled. "i just think you should know that when you go out and fight all these people, you're putting your life at risk as much as i am, you can't be taking a risk and not let me take one, that's all my point was, just...get back, okay? i miss you," i carried on. "i promise i will," he sighed in relief. "okay, i'll see you later, bye," i smiled. "bye," He chuckled, hanging up.

"hey...did you ask him if this was like...a tree monster or like a scientist that turned into a tree," Ned asked me. "i think it's just a tree," i sighed. "yeah, it's definitely just a tree," Max and i said in unison. "just a tree for sure," i shrugged.

peter walked into the under craft with some old dude. "um guys, this is mr Osborne-" Peter began. "Hey, it's doctor," Osborne interrupted. "sorry...dr Osborne this my best friend ned and my girlfriend Rosanna," Peter introduced us. "fascinating," Osborne spoke.

the three of us watched as Osborne made his way to the other guys. "octavious," Osborne called. Dr Octavious turned around in shock. "Osborne," Octavius asked in confusion. "what...what happened to you-" Osborne stuttered. "what happened to me? you're the walking corpse," Octavius asked. "wha- what do you mean-" Osborne stuttered.