PERPLEXED MIND

Charles watched Nisha chasing after the stealer. He had a negative premonition in his heart. He couldn’t see her getting in trouble when he was near her.

Charles mumbled. This girl and her haste. Won't she see... how is the place before she chases someone like him? What if she gets caught in an isolated area?

So he got down from the car and ran towards the street where Nisha was running. He saw her breathing heavily by placing hands on her leg and again chasing the thief. He turned all sides and saw around. There was no one to seek help from.

The robber finally stopped. Nisha didn’t know that it was the end of the street. So he had stopped.

There was no one in the street. The thief found that no one was around us. He quickly ran towards her by taking a knife from his pocket.

Nisha saw him running towards her. She was stunned for a second. By the time she could run, the robber caught her and placed the knife on her neck.

Nisha started to sweat profoundly and felt that she would lose her life now. As much as feisty she was, she would be scared. She closed her eyes tightly.

At this time, Charles entered the street and saw the robber placing the knife on Nisha’s neck. Charles took a deep breath and kept his hands on his knees.

Charles uttered. As much as I didn't want her to feel dramatic the first time she would see me, it's the time to enter into her life... She is going to know me.

Nisha was trembling in fear. He strolled to the entrance of the dead-end street. Charles sat on the bike parked next to him and put his coat middle button.

The robber saw Charles. He gripped the knife tightly and shouted, “Who are you? Better go. She dares to catch me. I will kill her today.”

After the robber yelled at Charles, he walked towards them and stood steps before them. He saw Nisha clutching his hand and trying to wriggle.

Charles saw Nisha, and he couldn’t control his chuckle. He smiled inwardly and cleared his throat.

Nisha heard the robber shouting at someone. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a man who had a casual look on his face wearing a coat suit standing before her only a few steps gap.

She felt like she met a life savior but could he really save her from this thief or will she die in the street was the thought running in her mind.

Nisha thought. Please… Save me from him. I would never try to catch a robber or come to that street again. Will he save me? Who is he? Why would he help me? What if he is also with the person who is ready to slit my throat? God… I feel like crying. But I should not show fear to any of the two persons here… Am I going to die today? Ammi… Daddy!!!

Charles opened his mouth and spoke, “I think you are just in need of money, not a life. You better drop the knife. See, the bag is not that fancy. She may just have little money than you have expected. You can't spend even two days of life with that money.”

Charles placed his hands in his pocket and took out his wallet. He threw 10,000 cash which he had in his wallet, towards the thief.

When the thief saw their two thousand rupees notes of five on the ground.

He pushed Nisha to one side and grabbed the money. The robber threw her bag and ran from that place.

Charles stared at the robber but didn’t... catch him. He walked towards Nisha and stretched his hands with a smile on his face.

Nisha grabbed his hand and stood up. He then picked her handbag, which he threw on the ground. He handed it over to her and questioned her, “Are you hurt anywhere?”