ARMAAN'S TRUTH

On the same afternoon, Armaan and the police finally captured the man, who was a menace to Derek and Magadhi. And he was injured again in his leg. He got treated in the hospital and drove to the mansion.

Armaan was pleased about the mission and as there was no danger to his family's lives. The ache in his leg is nowhere, as his happiness dominates it. He strode into the mansion and looked at Magadhi's mom.

Magadhi’s mom was reading a journal. She saw him wounded and walked to him. She was horrified and questioned, “What happened?”

“Aunt, all our hardships are solved. He was caught by the police and taken into custody. Derek's life is not in peril. I'm happy, Aunty. We can have a complete and fulfilling life for Derek. We don't need to be scared to let him live his life like a common man," said Armaan.

Magadhi's mother smiled at him with tears in her eyes. She held his hand and asserted, "Thank you, Armaan. Without your presence in Derek's life, I don't know how Derek's future would have been. Thank you!!!"

Armaan tightened his hold on Sowmiya's hand and proclaimed, "Derek is my son, Aunty. How can I leave him? I can never think of my life without him. He is everything to me."

Both of them beamed with tears in their eyes. Sowmiya entered the pooja room. She lit a lamp and prayed for the family's happiness. Armaan paced to his room. On the way to his room, he saw Derek napping in his room. He entered and knelt beside his mattress.

Armaan kissed Derek's hand and held it for a long time. Armaan murmured. Hey, son!!! I don't think you need me in your life after this. All the problems are sorted out. I should go away from you before anything else from me affects you. I think you will be happy with your mom and grandparents. Right, kiddo? I hope you don't ask this man anytime. But wherever I am, You will be in my thoughts. And it is my only work to safeguard you. I love you, son.

Armaan stood to get up from the ground. But Derek tugged Armaan's hand and mumbled, "I love you too, dada."

Armaan kissed his forehead and moved out of the room with tears in his eyes.

By evening, Magadhi returned from work. She saw Armaan with his leg hurt and walked to him. When she was near him, she controlled herself not to cry.

Magadhi's lips quivered as she looked at Armaan with his leg hurt. She wanted to yell at him for hurting himself. Armaan could understand her feelings at this time.

Derek called out, "Mom.” Magadhi saw the kid and scolded herself for forgetting everything when she saw Armaan.

Magadhi said to Derek, "Go to your room. Derek, I have to talk to your dad.” Derek nodded his head and left.

Magadhi’s thoughts while gazing at his wound. Ooh!!! He again got hurt. I can’t see him hurt. My heart bleeds. Why am I the only one thinking about him? If he thinks about me, he will be careful. He doesn’t want to live life like others. He doesn’t care. Then why should I care? I should leave this place with Derek. I can’t let Derek watch him in this state again. His mind would also think more about why his dad was getting hurt all the time. It would also be a lesson for him.

With that, she opened her mouth to speak out. But she heard Armaan’s words, "I am leaving tomorrow for a business trip for a month.”

Magadhi just nodded after hearing his words and went to her room. She saw tears in her eyes and scolded herself, "Don’t shed tears for him. He is not worth of you". With that, her tears started to flow like non-stop falls.

The next day, Armaan was ready to go for the business trip. He walked to the living room and saw Magadhi. She was feeding breakfast for Derek.

Armaan looked at Derek longingly and smiled with pain. It didn't go unnoticed by Magadhi. She stared at Armaan for some time until his eyes started to get wet. He didn't know that Magadhi was looking at him.