The Stranger

Ari Lennox as Taylor

December 31, 1999Time| 8:03 p

December 31, 1999
Time| 8:03 p.m

"Thank you." DeVanté said grabbing his key then making his way to his hotel room.

His day- NO, his WEEK has been VERY stressful. DeVanté had to travel from the states for the holidays straight to Australia for business purposes on New Years Eve. Most people would be celebrating the New Year with their significant other, but DeVanté being DeVanté, he's a workaholic and the holidays put some strain on his wallet. Well, that's what he likes to think. He's the type that needs a certain amount of money in his account AT ALL TIMES to function.

Another big problem is him not being able to get first class tickets. He's not used to sitting in coach on a long ass flight from America to Australia. He had to hear screaming children, and knees in his back the whole flight. Oh, and he was sat next to the bathroom... That's the price of doing things last minute.

DeVanté had some trouble opening his room door with the card. Getting frustrated, he threw his card at the door with great force.

"Fuck!" He said in irritation.

At this point, all he wants to do is get enough sleep for his meeting tomorrow evening and it's almost midnight. He sighed with his back against the door. He looked up and saw a hotel housekeeping turning his corner.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" He called out.

She turned to him. "Yes, sir?"

"I'm having trouble accessing my room. Can you give me a hand?" He asked politely.

One thing about him, no matter how frustrated he is about something, he'll never take his anger our on someone who has nothing to do with the situation.

"Yes, sir." She walked closer to him. "I need the card."

"Oh, yeah!" He chuckled and bent down. "I'm sorry." He handed it to her.

She got the door open on the first try. "See, all you have to do is match the chip."

"Yeah, thanks for your help." DeVanté nodded.

"You're welcome." She walked away.

DeVanté went inside his hotel room, taking a deep breath of relief. He wanted a suite, but around this time, everyone and their mother is out of town visiting family. Something he should be doing, but again, he a workaholic. All the rooms are full. He was lucky to even have this room. He put his luggage to the side.