Resurrection | 2

May 30, 2024

Jade's eyes popped open. Unaware of her surroundings, she sat up taking it all in, finally realizing that she was in a hospital bed. Brandon woke up as Jade's feet hit the floor. He immediately stood up, rushing to his baby sister, crying.

"Jade," excited that his sister was alive, Brandon tightly hugged his sister. Jade winced in pain, so Brandon let up a bit.

"Br- Bran- Brandon?" She cried out. "Did you get him?" She whispered, only Brandon didn't hear her question.

He pulled away and put the cup of water with a straw up to her mouth. "Here. Drink some water."

Jade drank her water the same way she did last night. She's extremely parched and drank all of the water from the extra-large hospital cup. Brandon felt liquids dripping down his leg and heard it drip onto the floor. He looked down, Jade urinated on herself from the water she drank last night. She had been holding it in her sleep and couldn't control it.

"My God, Jade," Brandon rushed out of the hospital room. He asked a nurse at the receptionist's desk. "Can I get a mop?"

"You want a janitor?" She asked him.

"I said I want a mop. I need to clean up a mess that I made," he told her, not wanting to embarrass his sister.

"No, sir. We'll send a janitor to your room. It's a safety precaution. We don't want to be liable for any accidents if you just so happen to slip and fall."

"Damn," Brandon sighed. "I apologize for my language, but you wouldn't even know I made a mess if I hadn't told you."

The receptionist tilted her head to the side with a tight smile. "Sir, what's your room number?" This woman is clearly new because many of the officers who work in this district are familiar with the hospital staff.

"It's the room for Jade Lewis," he told her. "I really don't remember the exact room number, but I know the room when I go to it."

"Oh, okay," she looked down at her sheet. "The janitor will be there shortly."

Brandon nodded then walked away. He saw his baby sister crying. He sat on the bed, holding her. He just knew that his sister had been through so much throughout these seven years. He never stopped looking for his baby sister.

"Jade, where were you all of this time?" Brandon asked her, needing answers. "Who kidnapped you?"

Jade turned to her brother. "All of this time? Brandon, did you find him?"

"Who?" Brandon asked, immediately thinking about DeLane and the possibility of him hurting his sister. "DeLane?"

"Who?" She howled out.

"DeLane," he repeated.

"I have never heard that name in my life. Have you found Asaad? Last night, he- he assaulted me and beat me mercilessly. Apparently, he buried me too because I clawed my way through the dirt," she cried, putting her hand to her lips. "I don't  know how, but I did."

"Asaad?" Brandon frowned. "Last night?" His head jerked back in confusion.

"YES!" Jade stood up. "PLEASE arrest him before he gets away. You- you have to Brandon. You have to!" She cried falling to the floor in her mess, making a splashing noise when her body made contact with her bodily fluid.