Heart to Heart

Paula Jai Parker as Jairi Liu (jay•air•ree)

October 27, 2013

Donald woke up to the ringing of his telephone. He moved his girlfriends arm off his chest, and reached over to pick it up off his the nightstand. He sat up, looking at the caller ID and immediately answered it.

"Who is that?" Madonna whispered.

Donald waved her off then put his finger to his lips. "Wassup?" He said groggily.

"Hello, Don. I'm calling you to see if you were still coming to see see your daughter cheer?" Jairi asked the father of her child, Donald.

"Yeah, imma be able to come. For sure." Donald nodded, wiping the slime out of his eyes.

"Are you sure this time? I don't want her to be expecting you, just for you to break her heart."

Jairi wanted to be sure before she gave her daughter her final words.

"I said yeah. Damn." He chuckled.

Jairi chuckled. "Alright. See you there." She said about to hang up.

Donald cleared his throat. "Wait!"

Jairi put the phone back up to her ear. "Yeah?"

"What time-" Donald yawned. "What time is it?"

"Don't you got a clock?" Jairi chuckled.

Donald smacked his lips at her. "You know what I mean."

"Mmhm. Be there by 5:30. Alright?" Jairi raised her eyebrows.

"I got you. See you there." Donald told her.

"Mkay, bye! Don't disappoint."

"I won't." Donald replied to her, but Jairi had already hung up.

"Why is she calling so early?" Madonna asked him.

"It's not that early, we just slept in late." Donald laughed. "It's almost seven, baby." Donald said laying back in the bed.

Madonna rolled her eyes and fell back into the bed. Madonna turned to her side with a smile. Donald already knew what was about to go down once he saw her slide the blanket down her naked body.

Jairi and Donald met about fifteen years ago at a college party. Donald didn't attend college, but he was there because of JoJo, who is his best friend, invited him.  Jairi was attending med school at the time. She was a transfer student and didn't have to be at that specific college for too much longer.