14 | ultimo

"I have let you live too long, darling

"I have let you live too long, darling. It's time you die. I really wanted to see you cry out in pain and hurt you, but I guess you don't get everything you want in life," Interitus sighed.

Lee ran her mind, trying to find something to stall him. He had said that everyone was coming, coming to rescue her. If only she could stall him till they reached.

"Wait! Tell me something first," she said, not breaking stance as she saw him rise up in front of her, a small smile on his face.

"What is it, love?"

"What happened to Khayme? I figured out what happened to her in the desert, but where is she now? I thought she'd be with you," she asked. Lee had figured that it had been Interitus who had stolen Khayme's soul from her. Lee had almost brought Khayme back, but somewhere between the two realms, the realm of the living and that of the dead, lay Interitus' realm. And right when Khayme had been passing it, Interitus had taken her and he had possessed her. Sending a Khayme who was now under his control.

Interitus laughed. "Oh dear, I assure you she is among her own people, among your people. But I am not sure if she is still alive, unfortunately."

Lee's eyes widened, but she took control of her reaction, not wanting to let her vulnerabilities show in front of him.

"What are you talking about? If she is back at camp, then she is safe."

"I wish, not really, that you were right, darling. But the thing is, I sent her there commanding her to try and kill your mother till death. So if the goddess is still alive, I am not sure your sister is too. Why would they care about that silly girl anyways when they have their goddess of life to protect."

Lee knew that he was right. She knew somewhere in her heart that none of the gods would take a second look at Khayme if they saw that Vienna's life was in danger, but Vienna wouldn't let anything happen to Khayme, would she?

Lee had belief in her mom. She had asked her to trust her, and Lee did trust her. She trusted her mom with her life. And she knew she could trust her sister's life too.

"You are either lying, or you don't know anything and you are just bluffing to put me off guard," Lee spit at him, and Interitus shook his head.

"I could kill you whether you are at your best, or you are 'off guard'. I don't care, darling. All I know is that you are going to die," he said, the last few words coming out between various attacks, which Lee deflected with ease.

"You have bested me many times before, Interitus. But not this time. It's going to be me who wins this time. And you are not going to be there for the next battle."

"You are a little girl. I am a thousand year old demon. Don't you think you are thinking too highly of yourself, darling? I mean I am all for the self-confidence, but it's me you are going after," he smirked, making Lee grit her teeth.