6

{Y/n}

{Y/n}

I got up early in the morning. I didn't look like myself. Makeup from last night still on. I had slept in my clothes. My hair was a mess. I sighed and went to shower. The whole time I was in there I just couldn't stop thinking. Theo had a painting and Boris took it after Theo showed Boris and I it. I got out of the shower and got ready for work. Laying out an outfit for the engagement party. I got a call from Theo. "Hello?" I answered putting on a shirt. "Y/n are you still coming tonight?" he asked. "Of course. Why wouldn't I come?" I asked. "Just making sure you know?" He sounded nervous.

"You okay?" I asked still getting ready. He hummed in response. "Okay, well I have to go to work but text me. See you later" "Alright bye Y/n" We hung up and I continued getting ready.
. . .
After work, I went home to change for the party. I got messages from Boris saying he was sorry and telling me to call him. I gave in and called him. "Hello?
Y/n?" He said. "Hi, Boris." I sighed. "So am I going to party with you?" He asked. "Well I don't know Boris," I said still hesitant about being with him. "I'll see you there," I replied we talked for a bit and I gave him the address of the party before we hung up.

I finished getting ready and started heading to the party. I even got a gift. For Theo of course. I only got Kitsey flowers as I don't know her at all. Their relationship was very fast. I arrived at the party. The place was quite big. After a while of searching, I finally found Theo. "Hey, you look great!" I said hugging and kissing his cheek. Kitsey gave me a look but I didn't mind. "These are for you," I said handing her the flowers. She smiled and thanked me before excusing herself. I put on a fake smile until she left.

"And this is for you" I smiled waiting for him to open the gift. He gave me a confused look. "Open it!" I pushed him playfully. He tore open the wrapping paper. There was a book. "Thank you" He hugged me. "Open it and look at the first page." He opened the book gently. Inside there was a picture of the three of us when we were younger holding Popper. We were all smiles. "And look at the last page." He did as I said. There was a picture of him on thanksgiving where he was reading to Boris and I. A cigarette in his mouth.

He chuckled. "Y/n this is great thank you!" I nodded. "How do you even have these pictures?" He asked in shock. "I kept them all these years later. I never got rid of them because I just couldn't. I have tons of photos." I laughed. Theo and I ended up just standing around. Drinking. Until Boris showed up beside us. He startled me. "Which one is she?" He asked scanning the room. "Is that her? Loveliest lady in the room. Other than you of course." He said to me. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my drink.

"Go tell your lovely lady that you have to leave," Boris said. "What are you doing here?" Theo asked. "I might have invited him," I mumbled. "I have ticket for you two but we must go now," Boris said. "Where?" I asked. "Amsterdam." "Why the fuck would we go to Amsterdam?" Theo whispered. "Cause you want it back," Boris replied. Boris took my hand and walked away. "Look Y/n I'm going to make this right. I promise." He kissed my hands. I sighed and gave in. "You better." I kissed his cheek.

We ended up driving to pack up before we left. We arrived at the airport. I was anxious for obvious reasons. We boarded the plane and sat in our seats. "You cannot sell a painting like that Potter. It's quickest way to get caught." Theo looked out the window. "People with goods, they front you, hold painting as collateral. You sell the goods, you give them their cut, painting is returned." "Who? Who even took the painting?" I asked. "A German guy I know. Deals in stolen art. Calls himself Sascha. Was involved in setting up the operation with those Miami assholes."

Theo nervously took a sip of his drink. "And then he went missing. Now Sascha is feeling heat from FBI raid. So he is willing to offload it for cash."
.  .  .
After 7 long hours, we finally arrived in Amsterdam. Theo and I were completely lost so we just followed Boris. He held my hand whenever he could. We met up with Boris' driver Gyuri. "Good to see you again Potter, Y/n" He shook our hands. "You know that's not actually my name-" "So?" Boris asked Gyuri. "Sascha is here with the painting. Victor got in touch said he had a buyer. An American businessman and his wife." Gyuri explained. "And who is this American businessman and his wife?" Theo asked. "That would be you two," Boris smirked. Gyuri drove us to the hotel.

Once we arrived we talked in the lobby. "You want the painting back. Yes?" Boris asked. "Yes." "I am going to do this. I'm going to make everything right again." Boris said. We walked to our rooms. Boris and I shared one. We freshened up to go meet up with people. Boris gave Theo and I fake wedding rings. "Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked Boris hugging him. "I am not so sure but we can only hope." He replied
.  .  .
We got in the car and began driving. "40,000. My money. This they get to keep. That way they don't look so close at bank draft. By the time they realize is no good, we are long gone. Now story is you two are based in New york. Very rich couple" Boris explained to us. He took out a gun a loaded it. I could tell Theo was a bit jumpy. "Is just for show," Boris reassured us.

Once we arrived we saw two people waiting for us inside. I held Theos hand to make it look real. We waited as an older man was on the phone. After he got off he told Gyuri to give him the bag with the money so he did just that. The old man said something in a different language. Theos eyes wandered everywhere. The old mans eyes stopped on us. I lightly nudged Theo. He took out the bank draft and handed it to the old man.

I could tell he was nervous. The old man examined the paper and then looked up at us. Gyuri suddenly struck the man making him fall to the ground. One of Boris' other friends took the gun from the old man. Boris pulled out his gun and aimed it at the other guy there.

Theo and I saw someone rush out in the back. "There's someone in the back!" He stammered. Boris' friend went to go check it out. "No one there." He handed us a briefcase with a smile.

We walked back to the car. The briefcase was open on the car. Theo and I admired it while Boris was talking to his friends. Boris walked over to us. Without saying a word he embraced the two of us. We all held each other for a moment. We sighed finally letting go. "A lot of trouble, but worth it, yes?" Boris asked Theo shutting the briefcase. "Yes." Theo smiled. "Merry Christmas," an unknown voice said from behind us. There were three men. Two with guns and the guy who ran.

They approached us taking Boris' guns and the painting. Boris didn't give it. "Don't be a prick, Boris." He let go. "I think we'll also take this pretty lady with us." He grabbed me harshly. "Do it over there." He ordered the guy beside him. "Let me go fucking bastard!" He turned us around to check the painting. The gun touching my back. I heard his friend grunt in pain and then shots. We both turned quickly. Boris tried shooting the man. They ended up shooting each other. I kicked the man away before rushing towards Theo. Theo picked up the gun and pointed it at the man. Someone ran off with the painting. Theo watched him leave. He couldn't take his eyes off him so I grabbed the gun and shot the man. I sighed dropping the gun.

. . .
We fled driving as fast as we could back to the hotel. "Y/n you're gonna need to take the bullet out," Boris said. "What I can't- I can't do that!" I panicked. "Focus!" Boris yelled. I nodded trying my best to dig out the bullet. He groaned in pain. "I'm sorry," I said cringing. I finally got it out. Boris sighed. I kissed him. "I never wanna go through that again." I cringed remembering what I had just done. God, what about the painting?