Hope as sweet as snow

The day was exciting and fun. Their expressions of enjoyment, the soft feeling of ice and snow felt as warm as their company. 

"You made a mess on your cheek, ice cream doesn't melt that easily you know?"

"Yeah unfortunately it does for me."

As fair as it is sweet the cold wind will still send shivers down spines. 

" I'm very sorry but it's too late for me to spend more time with you, I'll catchup with you tomorrow"

" Sure"

       She rushes home back to rest after a day out with him. The sun seemed so close while spending time with him. The steps she took to the door came crashing down on her as she fell. Coughing and dizzy struggling to hold herself together she walked as strong and as fast as she could to her bedroom waiting to faint on her bed at any moment. 

                                                            The sickness came back. 

Slowly giving in to her weakness and heavy eyes she doesn't hesitate to rest. After sleeping for about seven hours she woke up in the middle of the night. Crashing around the kitchen to fulfill her needs she felt empty as she kept coughing and sneezing. The weight of her head being as heavy as before. After a rummage through the supplies she finds a box of cookies and three small juice boxes. Sitting in her room with a dark expression she tries to visibly remember. 

                                                            The 14th a cruel yet unfamiliar date.

Six months ago...

"You have ridiculous brain damage I'm surprised you're still alive. At this rate of damage we can only check up on your pain and seize a few more years for you to live performing a lot of surgeries can damage your potential to live. And as I've heard you have no money to pay for this I will give you pills to handle your pain but that is as far as i could go. I send condolences to your family."

"Thank you doctor for the pills and for keeping me in the hospital long enough to be able to heal for studying. I will hold on out as long as I can."

" Don't thank me you still had to pay for those with your inherited money and even that wasn't enough to pay for the whole procedure."

She gets up to leave after the mockery and sits still on a bench outside. She fell silent trying to remember but couldn't. Her brain hurt to think and remember about what happened. What family did she have and what fate.

                             As the breeze of the snow starts to shudder her body 

                             she ended her sob story playing in her mind.

As she carefully cleans the mess she made a chuckle came out feeling relieved. The home was empty it felt nice. The home was quiet and graceful it felt more warm alone then with the family that she was gifted to die.