A Soft Care

The birds chirp for the first time she hears their lullaby awoken by it a shot of realization crosses through her brain. Unhesitant, she searches through a house so empty longing for a familiar face. After searching for a while she checks her phone. 

' U accidentally fell asleep while we were resting after walking for a long time so I brought u home '

' Don't worry about me, I went home as soon as I put u in bed I hope you had good sleep '

Relieved after reading the messages she went typing away for a reply.

' Thanks-

' Sorry for putting you through all that-

Stuck not knowing what to send she felt messy. 

' Thanksss!!! '

Finally a reply to replenish her exhaustion. The door swings open as Faerie goes through it. 

" You're awake!? This is a miracle, waah... "

" Who were you replying to? Is it him?"

Ah.. thank god there's two days in weekends. If not she would've been so late to school. The worries of her past felt cleared through her mind all she thought about was what to do today. Weekends don't last as long as winter days.

" Want to go somewhere fun? "

Faerie got confused but plays along hoping this version of Thea lasts a little longer then before.

" Want to go to an arcade? "

" Already did that last night. "

" Want to go to the park? "

" I went there already "

" WHERE HAVEN'T YOU GONE TO!? "

Silence fills the room. Guilt rushes through Thea she realizes how her friend must've felt lonely.

" Sorry.. I'll make it up to you.. what about we go to a restaurant together? There's a new restaurant that just opened in the mall I heard its called Raindrop "

" ooh food, deal! Let's check it out "

Thea got ready as fast as she could. As they appear at their destination. Checking through the restaurant, it was very beautiful and soft it felt like swimming in a mini pool at those resort hotels she used to go with her family. It had almost every shade of blue and the scent of sea breezes. Enchanted by the place she realizes she had to order.

" Ma'am, your order? "

"Ah- oh sorry what do you have here? "

" It's fine, we sell seasonal food and currently we have a big variety of stew, soup or spring meals that can get you feel warm and breezy. Since it's morning we have time set meals too"

" Then may I have an omelette and a hot cup of coffee"

" I'll have the special sandwich, I heard many people enjoyed it oh and milk tea please"

" Okay one egg bacon sandwich and an omelette with coffee and milk tea"

" Yes that's all thanks"

The waiter goes away to notify the food for the  kitchen staff. The restaurant wasn't bustling with customers neither was it empty. It felt like floating on a boat in the middle of the sea, lonely but the fishes were always there swimming through the wide blue ocean. How sweet, she felt.

" It's nice isn't it? " Faerie interrupts her thoughts

" Yeah I like it "

As the food arrives. Faerie gives a sweet look at the waiter.

" He's cute." 

" Can't disagree " Thea says loudly not knowing that Faerie was talking to herself

" Eh! You heard me? Don't take him you already have someone, okay?" she replies shocked but in a flash starts squinting her eyes to confirm what she said.

" Hahaha learn to not say your feelings out loud, he's all yours, okay" Thea joins in and confirms her warning to ease it out of her.

The waiter smirks as he secretly heard it. He glances at them and caught himself staring at Thea.

They finished their meals as if they haven't eaten for a year. Safe to say it was delicious. How beautiful a year left from high school and it felt like the year already went by. She can't seem to catch herself in the moment. Walking around the neighborhood alone after sending Faerie to the train station, she had to go fetch her brother from school. Quite special the day felt, she woke up experiencing morning, afternoon and soon night, eating two full meals and soon three. She was able to get along the day without a shake of breathe but a clean exhale full of life.

She goes home to finish some homework after a long day of living. Just as life felt whimsical it crashes its efforts at the wall. As she sees a face she threw away a long time ago.

" Why were you wandering away from the house? Ha? What are you trying to run away or something? your face looks like you want to jump off a cliff.. surprised you haven't"

Scoffing through their sentence as if they deserved an award for the harsh words that was dared utter.

" I would say the same for you " She replies mocking his words.