Sunken Feelings

PRESENT TIME

Blurry figures enter and exit the room. A tall one stays beside me. 

  " Thea you're finally awake, what bad timing the others already left."

She stays frozen.

  " If you keep landing in the hospital, debt will soon rise stop making reckless decisions you're entire family line is depending on you"

The pain she felt in her head became restless as the doctor kept mumbling on and on. She gave up and lied there on the bed helpless to fight it anymore. Without knowing she fell asleep.

***

  " Thea hurry before we get caught!"

  " YEP YEP, just a little while."

She scurries up the hilled highway into a forest that would lead to a hidden beach. It was dark out and they had waited so long for this. Both hunched behind a bush preparing for what to come. Then, there it was the glimmering shine of a thousand stars rose up and high as it worked together to light up a path so none of them would need to go through a dark and lonely one. 

  " It's like magic."

  " Yeah, look at all that light from such small creatures."

  " I guess what matters are they're together."

The scenery kept going like a time capsule forever commemorating the outstanding beauty of it. Smiles soon fade away.

 ***

She wakes up from the snooze as a pile of tears had streamed down her face. A memory of him. She stayed awake looking around the room it was pitch dark. The same hour they experienced the fireflies. She got out of the bed feeling restless, and ventured through the halls. As she reached the rooftop she stands alone at night looking down at the city. She was always afraid to stand somewhere this high not because of the height, but of what she might do with the long downfall. Instead of looking down she stared at the other taller or shorter buildings, and the light flickering from each one of them. To cast away her thoughts about ending it.

  " How pitiful." A voice says from afar.

Without much of an expression she looks back.

  " Who is there?"

A man with a medical coat splashed with blood comes closer. A cigarette in one hand and the other tucked away in his pocket. He threw away the cigarette and kept coming closer to her.

  " How dull of a human trying so hard to ignore what's in front of her."

  " What is? Excuse me do you work here?" She checks him out trying to figure out what's his business.

  " A swift opportunity to just drop down dead, with your horrible life at this age? Hesitating is the dumbest thing you can do."

He approaches the balcony of the rooftop. Speculating the opportunity he meant. 

  " I'm sorry? Put that nose in your own business, looks like you have a bigger thing to worry about."