Flickering memories

As the day got dark Thea's expression mimics and almost ridicules it. 

" Quit being a coward, it's seriously not working for you, shameful brat."

She glares as strong as she can hoping the headache that comes will make her pass out.

" Tryna scare me? How humiliating. Do something right for once will you?"

As the dilemma happens. Someone passing by catches it by chance. He saw the situation clear as day.

" Say something will you!? "

Hoping to beat the answer out of her, he continuously abuses her. Gripping her arm, pushing her, grabbing her head as if an answer was gonna cost his life.

" HEY!!" A person shouts out from afar.

She turns her head to see who was able to change her expression away from this distress.

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? LEAVE BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!!!"

His anger succeeds  to burst as he runs to defend her from the bastard. Putting her behind him as fast as he could making sure it was a distance far enough for her safety.

" Leave us. We're discussing personal matters get lost stray cat."

Not at all threatened he reaches for his phone to call the cops. The guy curses at him as he backs away from the situation an soon enough curses at Thea. Making the fated hero's anger get the better again and starts calling the cops. The Bastard makes his getaway and disappears from sight. He stops the call and starts to pay attention on Thea worrying her safety.

" You okay!? Are there any sores!?! Does it hurt anywhere!?!

The voice felt familiar she looks at his gaze and finally knew. 

" Wait, you're the waiter from the new restaurant."

" Oh I didn't realize you would recognize me so fast. Yes, I am. Let's talk about this inside you're still hurt, Ah! you just shed a tear are you okay!?"

Her body had begin reacting to what just happened without taking her gaze from him. She cleans after herself and invites him in.

"Your family doesn't seem to be here. You shouldn't be left alone. How old are you?"

"I'm 16.. sorry for inconveniencing you with that dilemma. Thank you for defending me."

" Your a year younger than me. Uh, where's the aid kit you have bruises all over you."

He finally finds it at the kitchen counter. It was opened, with bloody tissues and band-aids. He starts feeling more anxious. Avoiding what he just saw he went straight to the fridge and fetches packed ice bags to her. 

"Thank you! thank you.."

" Hold it until it feels better I'll fill some water for you to drink, that'll calm down."

" Sorry for bothering you."

Doing the same thing she would've hated in return repeating the same words over and over again despite the situation she is in. He ignores her and becomes more attentive to calming her down.