Chapter 5

Radek,

I don't care how old I may be, I have four words for you- I told you so. And, since it's supposedly passed down from generation to generation, I'll easily be able to know who your decendants are. Of course, I'll probably never meet them. We are in two different worlds now, and worlds have a way of not liking to be connected. We're lucky to still be able to write...Who knows how long we have before it's taken away from us? We can only hope that this bond will last...

Rowan POV

This isn't right.

There is no possible way that this can be right.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before Fay discovered something, but what? Did she find her powers? Did she find the papers?

Did she find the truth?

I'm worried about her, about us. If she ever discovers the full story...

Fay POV

I'm a cat. I'm a cat. A cat.

I turn around, studying my reflection. I'm light brown, I have a white underbelly, paws, and tail tip, and my eyes are green, as usual.

Calm down, Fay. I tell myself. This happened to her, too. You just have to get used to it.

Carefully, I walk around, testing out my new paws. I jump onto my bed, stretching. My claws extend, and I keep out, starting at them.

I abruptly hiss as one of my claws brushes against my nose, leaving a small cut. That's enough for now. I think. Now, how do I change back?

I pause. None of the books ever say exactly how the girl changed back.

Am I stuck as a cat for the rest of my life? Or, should I say, FUR the rest of my life?