Chapter 2

My dearest,

You were right. It happened today. I do wish that you had been here to see it. But our paths go separate ways, and I only hope that my quest can help yours. As you know, I will not be here long. I hope you will remember me as I will remember you. Farewell for now, and know that I treasure your letters like I have treasured you.
-Radek

Fay POV

I know what is happening. I read about it in one of my books. But it can't be...as much as I hated to admit it, they were only books. Unless...

I have no more time to think, for a tingling feeling starts to spread its way across my arm. I drop to the ground as it intensifies into a burn. I open my mouth to scream, but no noise comes out.

Suddenly, I see it. Where my hand was before, there is now a cat's paw.

Just like her...

The feeling stops as soon as it started. My hand is back. But if what I saw was real, it meant...

I could shape-shift.

Frantically, I opened Spark and Flame, flipping open to the page when she started experiencing the same transformation. So the pain was normal.

Am I going insane? I asked myself. It was the last thought I had before the world went black.

A/N: Not the best chapter, I know. It gets better in the next chapter :)