Prologue

To my dearest Radek,

I must thank you for being my best student throughout these years. You have learned much in the ways of the River. Now, I understand that your fate lies elsewhere, as does mine.
I give you a copy of each of my books-may they serve you well. May you and your ancestors remember me, and may many generations pass before I become Queen. I am not quite ready for that day, but I suppose that I never will be.
Farewell, Radek. May you succeed on your quest.
-
Rowan POV

"Give me my book back!" Cries my sister, as I inspect it. The Dragons of Silversong it reads on the front, along with an elaborate drawing of a small dragon flying alongside a bigger one. No sign of the author's name.

"Aren't you a little young to be reading this?" I ask. I didn't remember reading this book until I had been around eight. But then again, Fay did love her books.

"Let me read it! I wanna see what happens to Princess Millent!" She pauses for a moment. "Well, she's not a princess yet, but I know she will be. She's brave and pretty and really good"

I am impressed. She is very advanced for someone her age.

"Alright, here you go" I say, handing the book back. She runs back to her room, clutching it close to her.

I walked back to my own room, taking out my star-map. Elenothar would be appearing tonight. I don't know who named it, or why, but all I knew is that it was very important to my father. He loves it. Well, loved it.

A typical day, I suppose. Nothing new. There isn't really anything that happens around here.