Chapter 6

...always did, I suppose. Well, new place, new abilities, am I right?

I think I blend in fairly well. You've taught me quite well in areas like these. Maybe I'll even get to extend it...

No, no, I won't push it. This might be as much as I'll get, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Keep up with that chart of yours, and tell Ami, Eve, and Anna that I said hi.

-Radek

Fay POV

I pace around the room, my tail swishing from side to side. Should I get Rowan? Should I sort this out myself? Should I look in the books, see if there's something that I missed?

I crawl under the bed, just in case Rowan decides to come in. I must admit, being a cat has its perks- I can fit under here easily, and I can see better in the dark. Maybe I can just accept this, go out to Rowan, and we can continue our lives with me as a cat...

Just as I'm working up the courage to face my brother, the tingling feeling starts again, and I brace myself for the pain. I hurriedly escape from under the bed, knowing that there's no hope of me fitting there in my regular form. I'm barely out before my body starts shifting, the wind starting up again.

The process seems a bit quicker this time, and I'm more used to the tingly-pain feeling. Once I'm fully coherent, I dash to the mirror, and smile at my fully-human reflection. A small scratch still resides on my nose, but it isn't very noticeable. Besides, I'm always getting random scratches from various places.

I walk out into the main room, giving Rowan a small smile. He nods in return, and I can tell that he's lost in his thoughts.

I sit down, knowing that from here, I can only hope that he doesn't find out about my shifting.