11. Talk

As the sun sets Baal walks through the golden halls of Asgard's castle. She fiddles with her fingers as she stops in front of Loki's door.
Before knocking she takes a deep breath. Her knock echoes through the surprisingly empty halls; Loki was right.
Then the door opens revealing the man she has been looking for. "Baal!"
"Can we talk?" Loki nods and lets her into his room.

Baal takes a quick look around and is not too surprised with his interior. It's all in his preferred colors; green, black and gold.

"Loki, I haven't been honest with you today and I think if we don't talk about it things will go to how they were before."
Loki sits down as he is overcome with confusion while Baal takes a deep breath.

"Growing up my father always expected the most from me. He wanted me to be perfect. When the marriage proposal came he was overjoyed, not because I finally had a purpose but because I was finally gone."

Loki listens to every word she is saying. He knew that her father was a horrible man but no one believed him, for peace's sake.

"I never had the power to make my own decisions back home, not even when I think about Drogo."
Loki's eyes light up as he hears the unfamiliar name. "Who is he?"
Baal starts to shiver in fear.
"He was... my past lover." Loki's eyes widen and Baal becomes afraid of his reaction. "We're not together anymore."
A sigh escapes Loki's lips. "Thank Odin", He says.

Now Baal is just confused. "I thought you were going to say that you have a secret lover back home and that our night was a mistake", Loki laughs.
"Oh, no! I didn't want to make you uncomfortable", Baal apologizes but Loki only smiles.
"Please continue, dear."

Baal nods and continues. "When we came here I was upset and nervous, for obvious reasons, of course." She lets out another sigh.
"Here I finally had a choice."

Loki's hope rises.

"Loki, we were forced into this marriage but I finally have a choice. I want to be with you, as a married couple. I want to cheer you on, hold your hand and love you."

After she finishes her sentence Loki notices that a large burden fell off Baal's shoulders. She's finally free.

"Baal." Loki gets up from his chair and slowly walks over to her. "You are unlike every other woman I've met. I want you to be mine so I can love and cherish you." He brushes a strand of Baal's hair behind her ear. "I want you to be my wife."

~

The next day guards and maids storm in and out of Baal's room.
Loki and her have decided to share a room.
The guards carry Baal's things to Loki's room while the maids clean.
Frigga watches proudly as Baal helps the maids pack. The future princess seems so happy.
With a smile Frigga calls Baal over to her. "Baal, how are you feeling", She asks. Baal smiles brightly. "Great", She says. "I'm excited."
Frigga smiles and pets Baal's head. "I'm glad."

Baal has become a daughter to Frigga, she loves her like her own. She may not see herself in her resemblance but definitely in her personality.

"Go on, your husband must be waiting."