connecting

The 3 girls were currently walking up to a gas station. One that wasn't too busy, so they wouldn't be bothered. "The Red Room’s still active. Where is it?" Natasha asked one of the two girls. Sonya shrugged.

"I have no idea. He moves location constantly. And every widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security." Yelena answered her while grabbing supplies.

"I’m just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar." She mumbled.

"Well, it’s not smart to attack an Avenger if you want to stay hidden. I mean, the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you." Sonya nodded in agreement while natasha looked confused.

"Wait, what are the big ones?"

"The big ones as in the hulk. Or the man from space." Sonya replied. She hadn't exactly caught up on her Avenger knowledge. She was confused when she heard about a man who called himself a bird because she didn't know if it was true. Or why he called himself a bird.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight." Yelena stopped for a second. "Where did you think I was all this time?"

Natasha looked down, not wanting to look at her in the eyes. "I thought that you got out and were living a normal life."

"And you just never made contact again?" She pushed.

"Honestly, I thought you didn’t wanna see me." Natasha interrupted her at the end as she washed her hands.

Yelena scoffed. "Bullshit. You just didn’t want your baby sister to tag along, whilst you saved the world with the cool kids."

    "You weren’t really my sister." Natasha told her harshly. Sonya could tell those words had stung Yelena. Hell, it caught her off guard as well.

"And the Avengers aren’t really your family." Yelena and Sonya put their things onto the counter. "Why do you always do that thing?"

"Do what?" Natasha asked.

"The thing you do when you’re fighting. The… Like, the…" Yelena got down and got into a fighting pose on the ground.
"This thing that you do when you whip your hair when you’re fighting with the arm and the hair."

Sonya's eyes widened. "Oh yes, that pose! You do indeed do that pose a lot."

"And you do, like, a fighting pose. It’s a… It’s a fighting pose. You’re a total poser." Yelena spoke while laughing.

"I’m not a poser." Natasha tried to deny.

  "Oh, come on. I mean, they’re great poses, but it does look like you think everyone’s looking at you, like, all the time." Yelena said as she stood up. Sonya mentally agreed with her but she didn't want to show it because Natasha looked extremely annoyed.

"All that time that I spent posing, I was trying to actually do something good to make up for all the pain and suffering that we caused. Trying to be more than just a trained killer." Natasha told her.

    "Well, then you were fooling yourself because pain and suffering is every day and we are both still a trained killer. Except I’m not the one that’s on the cover of a magazine. I’m not the killer that little girls call their hero." Yelena told Natasha before she walked out.

Natasha paid for their things as Sonya waited for her.

"You know, all though she's too stubborn to admit it, she's really happy you're here." Sonya told her. Natasha looked at her and gave her a half smile.

"She has a weird way of showing it." Natasha commented. Sonya rolled her shoulders back to help with the pain she felt.

"Well, don't we all? I don't even know how to process my own emotions." She told Natasha, making her empathize with her.