the vials

Morocco. 2016.

YELENA was currently laying on a mattress, while Sonya stayed standing on a building. The widows were waiting for the right time to attack.

Yelena held up the gun while Sonya was ready to head down and fight if needed. But it was inevitable. She knew that the widow they were going after was smart and slick.

She didn't know how but she did.

"Eyes on target, waiting for the package," Yelena said through the mic. She was looking at a woman who seemed to be busy walking and talking with a man that wasn't on their focused.

The only reason the woman was a target was that she had the thing they needed. The package.

The widows felt disgusted with what was in the package, even though they didn't even know what was in it. They all thought the same thing. They weren't allowed to think of anything different.

Hell, they weren't allowed to think about anything except for their mission and training.

The other widow on the mission had spotted the thing they were after. She was in another building at a higher altitude. "I have sights on collateral one."

"Firing in place of three. Five, four..." Yelena said pulling her finger close to pulling the trigger. An alarm rang out and children ran outside shouting with joy.

Sonya saw the woman see the duo on the building. She started to run as fast as she could to escape them.

"She made us," Sonya said, sighing as she went to hook herself to her rope to climb down.

"Target deployed smoke. She's on foot with the package. Stay high. Sonya and I will be going to the ground." Yelena said, un-cocking her gun. She followed in Sonya's footsteps as she made her way to the ground.

Once the woman was on the ground floor, she knew that the widows knew where she was, so she was going to try and get somewhere crowded. As the woman turned her head she got slammed by a door, then she was hit by a car. She slowly got up to see her package away from her.

Sonya turned the corner and saw the package. She ran to get it before the woman got there before her and smacked her with it in the head. Sonya grabbed a knife and swung at her until she scathed her in the leg.

The woman cried in pain as she walked away while Sonya walked around threateningly. Ready to kill.

She went to stab her again before the woman moved out of the way, and pulled her arm, forcing her to stop. Sonya yelped in pain, notifying Yelena.

Yelena arrived from behind them and stabbed the woman in the stomach. Sonya grabbed the knife and twisted it, then pulled it out, making sure she wouldn't make it.

As the woman fell, Sonya got up breathing heavily. She turned back around and she and Yelena went up to her. Yelena turned the stabbed woman around before she and Sonya got sprayed with something that made them stopped from being controlled by the red room.

Yelena and Sonya breathed heavily realizing what they had done.

"Oksana.." Yelena muttered before dropping to her knees to hold the wound. Sonya's guilt made her stand away from her, not wanting to cause any more harm than she had already.

"What have I done?" Sonya muttered.

"What did I do?" Yelena whispered. Oksana put the vial in her hand.

"Free the others.." Oksana muttered before she took her final breath of life. Yelena stood up slowly as Sonya came over to her.

"Yelena, Status report." The other widow on the mission spoke into her mic. Yelena realizing she could escape, started to stab her leg, to get the tracker out. Sonya followed in pursuit.

"Sonya? Status report." The other widow tried to get sonya to talk but she just took it out of her ear and crushed it. She was more focused on finding the tracker in her leg. She soon found the tracker in her leg and took it out.

"Converge on team leaders." Yelena dropped her tracker and mic and started to leave the mess that had just happened. Sonya ran after her.

Once they knew they were in a safe position, they started to talk.

"Yelena, what do we do?" Sonya asked.

Yelena thought for a second, "How do you feel about family reunions? Specifically, sister ones?" She asked back. Sonya was confused before Yelena explained as they made their escape to Budapest.

Norway, 2016.

As Natasha was driving, she was not expecting to be attacked. But what can you expect Natasha thought. She crawled out of her car, ready to fight the person who attacked.

It was someone covered in metallic silver and blue with streaks of orange costume. It also had a skull-like mask. Whoever it was, Natasha knew she had to fight or she would die.

When fighting she recognized the movements of her former colleagues, plus herself. That distracted her while she fought the taskmaster.

She fought for a bit before she realized they weren't going after her, they were going after a box. They fought more before Natasha sneakily grabs the items in the box before she is off the bridge and into the freezing waters. The Taskmaster looks at the water for a bit, before leaving the area to not get caught.

What the taskmaster didn't see was Natasha holding her stomach, exiting the water. Once she made it to land, she laid down on the sand.

She grabbed her stomach again pulling out the thing inside of the package: vials filled with a red ooze. But that's not what caught Natasha's eye.

She saw the pictures she and Yelena took when they had to go undercover as a fake family. There was only one person who could've had those photos.

Yelena.

She hasn't seen her since Dreykov chose her to be in a specific group of widows. She gave her the photos before she was taken She didn't think she would see Yelena again. But she did and she knew exactly where. Somewhere she never thought she would go again.

Budapest.