Chapter 13

The next morning Milly excitedly skipped through the hallway. Elliot had given her a flower. Elliot had given her a flower. Elliot had given her a flower. Milly decided to go to the band room early at lunch for practice. When she got to the door there was already a commotion inside.

"YOU JOINED THE CLUB ONLY FOR DAISY?" Zander asked furiously as Milly opened the door.

"You told him?" Jake turned to ask Hailey.

"He had a right to know," she said.

"Is this true?" Sean asked, looking at Jake with sad eyes.

"I- I- mean, um," Jake stuttered.

"SO IT IS TRUE! YOU LYING JERK! I KNEW YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY WANT TO JOIN THE CLUB! SO YOU'RE JUST USING US. JUST LIKE I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU COULDN'T BE TRUSTED."

"What's going on?" Milly asked.

Zander ignored her, "SO ONCE YOU'VE GOT WHAT YOU WANT YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LEAVE US AND GO BACK TO THOSE JERKS HUH. AND YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP ON BULLYING PEOPLE TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER. IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO JAKE?"

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Milly asked, concerned now.

"OH SHUT UP MILLY," Zander turned to her. "WE'RE TRYING TO TALK HERE SO WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP AND LET THE MATURE TEENAGERS TALK!"

Shut up. Shut up. Mature teenagers. Zander's words cut through her like a sharp knife. Her breathing turned heavy and tears fell from her cheeks.

"Milly, I didn't- I didn't mean-" Zander responded regretting the words that came out of his mouth. It didn't matter though, Milly had already run out the door.

"Where could she go?" she thought. "Where would the music club never find her?"

She scanned the hallways as she kept running. Then it hit her. "The garden! They would never find her there!"

Milly quickly threw open the double doors leading to the courtyard. She ran inside and hid in a corner, covered by plants where no one would find her. Knowing she was all alone, she began to cry.