Chapter 15

Milly looked up as she heard a rustling sound and stared into Elliot's big beautiful brown eyes. "Simp '' Jake would call her, hypocritically. Thinking of Jake brought Milly back to what had happened earlier and tears began to prickle her eyes once more. She looked down so Elliot wouldn't see her crying. Elliot must have noticed anyway because he sat down beside her.

"What's wrong?" he asked her.

"I- I-," she struggled to find the words.

Elliot put a hand on her shoulder and she looked at him. Her face began to heat up in a blush which felt wrong considering her current sadness.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!" Elliot smiled, "But I have noticed that it does feel better when you do."

Milly took a deep breath. "Yeah, you're right, it's just hard to talk about." She sighed, "and I don't want you to see me in a bad light."

"Milly," Elliot began. "You're my friend, and no matter what happens, we can fix it, together."

Butterflies erupted in Milly's stomach. Together. It was confirmed, Elliot was too pure for this Earth.

"Well, I guess it's been going on for about a month now." She said finally mustering up the courage to speak. "My friends have been doing things for me, and I haven't really done anything for them in return. I've just been taking, with nothing to give, today confirmed that."

The next part was the really difficult one.

"And today, when I walked into the music room," her voice wavered. "They made it clear that they didn't want to be friends with me."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"I walked in on them talking, no- arguing about something. Something to do with Jake, and then I wanted to know what was going on. And Zander, the purple grape edge lord, he snapped at me, and called me immature. I know he was just angry but it doesn't mean it hurts any less."

Milly looked at Elliot, nervous at what he would say. He looked at her with sad eyes, cradled her face, and then hugged her.