Chapter Two - Where the Friendship Begins

I sigh as I leave the solace of my bedroom to walk to the dining room.

When I walk into the dining room, I see Tía Valentine hollering at my younger cousins to sit down. "Hola mija." mamá says as she notices me. She waves at me to come sit down in a chair between Alejandro and Yelena. We were about to do our prayers until there was an obnoxious knock on our door. "ay.. dios mío." Tío Andrés says as he stands up from the dinner table and walks to the front door. As he opens the doors to reveal, Mirabel. Mirabel gives Tío something that looks like an envelope.

After they say their goodbyes, Tío Andres walks back to the table with everyone looking at him in confusion. "So... what's that in your hand Andrés?" papí says to Tío Andrés. "It's an invitation to Antonio's gift ceremony in a few hours." Tío announces while he shows us the invitation.

"Do you guys want to go?" Tía Valentina says to us. Everyone says yes, then we proceed to do our regular dinner routine. It was 6:25pm and the gift ceremony was at 7:30pm, we finished dinner at 6:40. Mamí, Papí, Tía Valentina, and Tío Andrés all told me, my cousins, and my brothers to get ready for the ceremony. Once I got upstairs to my room, I opened my closet and chose a f/c dress that reached to my mid thigh. It has beautiful ruffles at the top and at the rim of the skirt. I put it on as I went to my vanity to put on some jewelry and brushed my hair, doing my best to style it. I then walked out of my room to see prima Yelena.

I got to Yelena's door and leaned on the frame. I saw her as she was putting on earrings. "Hola Yelena. Do you mind rating my outfit?" I asked her. Yelena turned around and looked me up and down. "Hm.. I think you look great, but you should probably change something." she said giggling as she pointed downwards at my house slippers. I stood there looking down at my slippers, "Oh- well thanks for letting me know Yelena!" I said as I quickly shuffled back to my room. Once again diving into my closet, I found the a pair of sandals that had long ribbon attached to the back part of the sandal.

I swiftly put on the sandals and tied the ribbon, completing my outfit. It was now 7:27pm and almost everyone was ready. Tía Valentina was still getting my younger cousin, Genevieve's hair ready.

I sigh as I'm leaning against the front door. Suddenly there's stomping notices coming from the stairs. As I look at the sudden noise, Genevieve yells a "We're ready!" in her high pitched voice. "Finally." cousin Luis mumbles under his breath. I giggle as I hear him. "Alright alright, let's go!" mamí hollered as we all exited the house and started out walk towards Casíta.

Just as we arrive, there's Camilo greeting everyone at the doors. I see him greet people and shapeshift into them. Once my familia got to the doors, Camilo shapeshifted into my mamí holding both her hands as he said "Hola Señora." He then saw me and waved at me with a sweet smile before returning to greet the rest of my familia. Once all my familia members got inside the house I was just me left. "Hola y/n! Nice to know that you came!" Camilo said as I stood in front of him with a smile. "Hola Camilo! And I couldn't miss Antonio's ceremony!" I say with a little chuckle.

"So, you wanna hangout out here with me before the ceremony starts?" Camilo asked. "Sure! But what for?" I asked him with confusion in my voice. "So we can know each other more, duh y/n." he says as he looked at me. "Good point." I say as I stand beside him and watch as he greets more people. "I've heard about you a lot from Dolores and Mirabel. I just never knew what you looked like." Camilo said to me as another person goes inside. "Well, now you know what I look like." I say, putting a hand on my hip as there's a prideful smile on my face. "I kinda knew what you looked like, due to Dolores and Mirabel's descriptions of you." I tell him as we make eye contact.

"Oh yeah? Are you gonna tell me what they said about me?" Camilo questioned. I laugh and shake my head no. Camilo shrinks down and mumbles a damn it.