Chapter Three - The Great Challenge

All night you thought of how you could attract more people than Camilo. You couldn't think of anything, so you went and asked your family for some suggestions.

"Mamá, what would you think would attract people more?" you asked while she gave you a confused facial expression. "Maybe giving out food and drinks will work, but why do you ask?" she questioned with suspicion. "One of my friends challenged me to see who can attract more people." you said with a nervous smile. Your mamá nodded, "What an interesting challenge, that I'm not going to question why." she said continuing to do what she was doing before.

- In the morning -

You got up in the morning and did your routine, then sprinted towards la casa Madrigal to get Mirabel. You got to casita's doors and was about to knock when Mirabel opened the doors before you knocked. "Oh! Just the person I was going to look for!" Mirabel said as you stood in front of her with your hands on your hips still trying to catch your breath.

"So... I have a favor to ask of you." you told her as she was going to tell you something also. "Sure, but lemme tell you something before you tell me." Mirabel says as you listened.

"Since your familia and my familia have been together since god who knows how long, Abuela wants to invite your familia and the Guzmáns over for dinner." Mirabel says as your jaw DROPS. You're practically screaming and raging on the inside as everything's happening in the same day. Mirabel looks at you like your crazy and then opens her mouth to speak before a voice behind her says something.

"Mirabel? Why're you still at the door? I thought you were going to find Y/n." a very masculine voice says as Mirabel turns around, "Oh Y/n was at the door when I opened it. Come over here and say hi you idiot." Mirabel says as she moves aside to reveal Camilo.

"Hey y/n." Camilo says with a smirk. "Have you thought of what to do for the challenge today?" he asks with a hand on his hip. "Yes I have actually. Have you?" you speak as you internally scream even more. "Why yes I have." he says before walking to be in front of you. Mirabel just stands at the door while watching the scene, while being very invested in what's happening right before her eyes. You and Camilo locked eyes along with smirks placed onto yours and his face, practically having lightning between the eye contact.

Camilo winks at you again then walks away to start his part of the challenge.

"Whaaaat just happened ther- " Mirabel started to speak before you grabbed her wrist and yanked her to follow you. "Okay so, my favor that I wanted to ask you is that if you could help me win a challenge between the little prick we just saw." Mirabel listened to you as you basically drag her around.

"Could you help me gather people while I serve out food to the townspeople?" You said sternly as you had your hands on both Mirabel's shoulders. "Yeaahh suree." she said sheepishly, kinda terrified of how competitive you became.

"Okay! Thanks Mirabel!" You said as you let go of her and smiled innocently. You began to run off but then realized that you haven't told Mirabel the most important thing. "Meet me in front of my house with the crowd of people at 1pm!" You shouted before going back to running off to your house to get things ready.

Mirabel shook her head and started her journey to help gather a crowd for you.

- After a few hours of preparation -

You set up tables of fresh drinks, empanadas, churros, and buñuelos. 

"Gracias for helping me mamá!" You said as your mamá nodded with a smile and walked away. 'I wonder what Camilo's doing..' you though before you heard Mirabel's singing get closer and closer. Once you see Mirabel from over the small hill, you start to see a huge crowd of people following her. Your pupils turn into STARS as you see everyone and you're so excited to rub your victory into Camilo's face. When Mirabel and the townspeople that she had gather arrive to all the tables of delicious smelling food, you started to hand out food and drinks to all the townspeople. "Gracias for coming and enjoying our food and drinks!" you said thanking everyone as they raised their drinks into the air and continued to eat.

You walk up to Mirabel as she finishes a conversation with someone. "How's Camilo doing? Does he even have any people?" you asked very cocky. "Well... He does have people. A lot, but maybe not as much as this." Mirabel says as she motions to everyone standing and sitting while eating empanadas, churros, and buñuelos. "Hm.. I'll go see myself. Do you mind watching over for a bit?" You asked as Mirabel nodded her head and gave you a thumbs up.

"Thank you Mirabel!" you said hugging her before you took off to find Camilo.

When you found Camilo he had a crowd of people as he's singing and dancing with everyone following his movements. Camilo see you and smirks as he stops dancing and walks up to you. "Can you dance?" he asked while grabbing your wrist and went to the band playing music to play Corazón Sin Cara.

The band nodded as they got out their instruments for it. "Everybody! We're going to do some bachata!" Camilo announced as you stood next to him.

"Camilo! I can't dance!" you whisper yelled to him. He just smiled at you stupidly, which made you a bit annoyed.

Once the band started to play music, Camilo put both your hands into his. "Come on you have to know how to bachata! At least the basic movements!" he said teasingly. You looked away embarrassed, "I think I know the basic moves, but don't expect me to do anything advanced." you said as you looked back at
him annoyed. "Alright!" he said starting to dance.

You were a very stiff dancer and it made it hard for Camilo.

"Loosen up a bit will ya?" Camilo said and you tried to. Camilo sighed and stopped dancing and placed your hands onto his shoulders. "Look at me." He said calmly as you looked him in the eyes. "Take a deep breath and relax." he said smiling gently.

At this point, the challenge wasn't even a thing anymore. You both were extremely distracted with dancing. You nodded as you took a deep breath and relaxed.

"There you go!" Camilo said encouraging you as you smiled like an idiot.

"You mind if I put my hands on your hips?" Camilo asked waiting for your response. "I don't mind." You replied before he placed his hands on your hips and started to dance again guiding your hip movements to help you.

You soon loosened up and started to get better at dancing. "There you go!" Camilo praised you as you figured out how to do it. You and Camilo both smiled as you separated and started dancing side by side. You both occasionally held hands as you both danced.

"Y tampoco soy perfecto. Solo sé que yo te quiero así. Y el corazón no tiene cara. Y te prometo que lo nuestro nunca va a terminar." Camilo sung as you listened and danced.

——————-
A/N: AHHHHH i love this chapter 😭😭

also this is a quick chapter before school so i'm sorry if it's too short. 🧍🧍

I hope you enjoyed💪😩

Corazón Sin Cara - by Prince Royce

Buñuelos - savory deep-fried cheese balls