Chapter Five - Stargazing

My familia and I all finished dinner at las casa madrigal. When we were going back to our house, I start to remember that Dolores tells Camilo something, and I can't help but be curious about what she has told him.

- The day after -

I woke up extremely tired because of thinking about what Dolores had told Camilo to make him react like that. I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I sigh in my bed while i'm laying on my side. "Maybe I'm thinking too much." I say to myself out loud. "Maybe you are." I hear a voice at my door. I sit up and look at who it is and it's my brother, Alejandro. "Why must you come into my room at the worst time?" I ask him annoyed. "Worst time? I'm just here to wake you up like what mamá told me to do." Alejandro says as he closes the door and leaves. 'Well I might as well get dressed.' I thought to myself as I get off my comfortable bed and walk to my closet to get my yellow floral sundress with a small slit at the end of the long skirt that's appropriate for the blazing hot weather in Colombia.

I didn't really care about how I did my hair so I just brushed it and put it in a loose side braid. I put on sandals and made my way down the stairs to see my familia for breakfast.

"Good morning!" I say to my family as we all sat down at the table. "So Y/n, is there anyone that's caught your eye?" my papí asks me, having the whole family look at me. I swear as I avoid eye contact and eat faster so I can leave sooner. "Yes there is actually someone that caught her eye." I hear someone say and assume that it's Yelena.

I look up and my assumption was correct. I look around and my Tía Valentina is happily slapping Tío Andrés' shoulder as he's trying to eat. My mama's expression looks.... unreadable, and my papá, well... he looks like he's accepting it. "Um yeah... There is someone that has caught my eye.." I confess as my family is incredibly invested in what I have to say. "So? Who is it?" My Tía Valentina asks with a wide smile. "It's.. um... Camilo Madrigal." I say Camilo's name say quickly. I then look at my mom again as she sighs in relief and look at me with a supportive smile. "Ahh! What a lovely young man he is!" My Tía says. "He has my approval." My papí says as he continues to eat while I smile like an idiot.

- After breakfast and a few hours later -

I head out of my house and went on about my day to walk around the town and see if I can find Camilo.

I spot the corner of Camilo's ruana as he's turning a corner, so I quickly walk after him. I turn the corner and he's gone. I walk forwards and I soon get pulled into a secluded place.

I suddenly feel myself get pushed against a wall and someone place their hand on my hip and a hand next to my head, caging me in their arms. I look at them and it's Camilo. Just the man I wanted to see. "Chasing after me huh?" he says to me teasingly. "I mean I don't blame you but if you try to leave it's probably not going to happen." Camilo speaks again while we make eye contact as he leans in closer. "Hah like I'd try to get away." I say before my eyes go wide and I slap my hand over my mouth. Camilo just looks blankly at me and I watch his face slowly flush of redness.

"I um.. Didn't mean to say that.." I say after I remove my hand from my mouth. "Please go on a date with me." Camilo says as a jittery feeling appears in my stomach. "What..?" I question as I process what he had said to me. "Just say yes or no." he says again as he looks away with a completely red face. "Yes." I respond to him as I cup his face and move his head gently to look back at me. He smiles genuinely and gently holds my wrist. "Meet me in the fields at 7pm, okay?"

I nod as he pecks my cheek and quickly walks away slightly embarrassed. I feel my face heat up as my whole stomach has butterflies flying around.