Chapter VIII

"How is she?" Soyeon asked after Yuqi came out from Shuhua's room.

Yuqi sighed and walked near her, she then looked into her eyes. Soyeon can sense the sadness in Yuqi's expression.

"Let's go back home." Yuqi said.

"Why? Doesn't Shuhua need you?" Soyeon asked.

"I have important things to do." Yuqi said and grabbed both of her hands.

"Then I'll stay here, you go do your thing." she said persistently, she doesn't really want to leave Shuhua.

Especially now that Miyeon told her that her flight is scheduled in the afternoon and she doesn't want to leave, but Soyeon instead told her to contact Soojin if she came back to Korea. She has a hunch that Soojin is there too.

"We have to go Soyeon, I won't leave you here. It's dangerous." Yuqi said and tried to pull her but Soyeon didn't move.

"Then leave us some of your bodyguards, and isn't it more safe here with Shuhua. You said she needs us right?" Soyeon reasoned again.

Yuqi is a bit annoyed at Soyeon's resolve, she just couldn't leave her here and she's in a hurry. So she calmed herself by closing her eyes and when she opened it she breathed carefully.

"I have some important things to do, and I can't do that knowing that you'll be here with just my bodyguards.

Just please listen to me, just this time." she said.

It looks like Soyeon reads her expression, though she still asks Yuqi.

"What about her? We're just going to leave her?"

"She can handle this, we need to trust her.

After I finish what I have to do we'll go here." Yuqi offers it to Soyeon.

Soyeon then nods and that makes Yuqi smile and pulls her, they have to talk to Miyeon too who's currently in the kitchen. Miyeon insists on staying again and not attending her flight after knowing that they'll leave, that's why Yuqi needs to persuade her too.

After the talk they decided to go home. Soyeon is still worrying about Shuhua and Soojin but Yuqi told her that one of her men called saying that they secured Soojin's location, she's with Minnie and still in the country.

Soyeon called Minnie while they're riding home, and after a series of her questions to Minnie she assured them that Soojin is safe, so they let them be after Minnie promised to look after Soojin.

It made them breathe in relief, when they got home exactly at lunch they shared a simple meal then Yuqi quickly changed and left. Soyeon just stays there, she doesn't do anything since Yuqi's mom is not there either.

She's still worried about her friends but she promises Yuqi not to go to Shuhua's place without her. So the whole afternoon she just decided to write some lyrics because she has to distract herself.

Dinner came and Yuqi still hadn't come back, she started to talk to some of the maids she even helped cook for dinner, hoping that Yuqi would eat with her. But hours had passed and there was still no sign of Yuqi.

Soyeon calls her many times but the other line just rings, she called Yuqi's mom too but they only talk in few minutes and Yuqi's mom advice her saying that Yuqi's job is always like that.

She even promises Soyeon that Yuqi is fine and she's strong after all. So she doesn't need to be anxious about her safety instead she should rest for a while.

Soyeon agrees and after they talk she tries to apply what Yuqi's mom said but she can't help but to feel worried about Yuqi.

Then she remembers that the same thing happened in their past, the difference is that she's in Yuqi's house waiting for her, it isn't cold anymore.