Chapter 2

Warnings: a little angst, mentions of rape and abuse
________________________

Y/n’s pov

I wake up to someone shaking me awake. I look up and see Joel "what Joel? It's 8 in the morning" I said tiredly.

"Well kiddo you got to wake up, your father needs you at the stables because your 10 mins late" He said with a chuckle. "Fine, I guess I'll get up just tell them I'll be there in 5 mins ok?" I say as I look at him and he nods.

I get dressed and start doing me hair.

I then get my guns and my combat knife putting it in it's holster on my thigh. I start heading to the stables.

|at the stables|

I look to see ellie, Joel and Tommy looking at me. "What?" I say with confusion "nothing, we just never noticed the scar on your face" ellie said.

"Oh um, well it happened a long time ago and it's basically faded but it looks badass though." I say giggling. "Well it does look bad ass." ellie said while smiling.

"But anyway why do you need me here? Are we on for patrol? Or is it something else?" I ask curiously. "Well you missed patrol and we need you here because I want you to meet your older brother.." Tommy said a little worried not knowing how I would react "wait! You said I have an older brother?! Since when?! I was told that I never had siblings!" You say upset that your being lied too.

"Well he's here and wanting to meet you" Tommy said while telling him to come in. When the man walks in, my eyes widden and I take out my pistol and point it to his head "what the hell are you doing here!?" I say as he smirks knowing what he did to me. "Oh come on, don't be like that." he said as I start tearing up at the memory. "you shut the fuck up! You don't get to remind me of that!" I say as tears fall.

"Hey y/n, let's lower the gun ok? And calm down." Joel said as he took my gun from my hands. I keep my eyes on my 'brother'. "stay away from me! Don't come near me!" I say as I run off to my house.

Ellie’s pov

I watches the scene unfold itself  "ok, what the fuck just happened? And what did you do to her?" I say as calmly as possible but the anger I had for him just kept boiling. I run after y/n knowing that she needs me so I open the door to her house and go to her bedroom, I knock on the door "Hey babygirl, it's me can i come in?" I say softly as possible then I hear a small yes and my heart ached at her being this upset. I slowly open the door and walk over to her bed "hey baby, do you wanna talk about it?" She shakes her head no and I nod.

I grab her and hold her while she cried more, I just held her and played with her hair. "It's ok babygirl, I'm right here and whenever you are ready to talk about it, I will listen" she nods and slowly ends up falling asleep from crying.

After a few hours she wakes up.

"Hey baby, how did you sleep?" I said while I end her. "I slept good El, thank you for helping me and I wanna tell you what he did to me.." she said as she mumbled the last part but I heard her and nodded "ok you can whenever your ready, no rush" I said to help calm her down.

Y/n’s pov

|flashback|

After I killed my mother, I had to move in with my brother, daniel, she left the address on the counter for me, so i went to his house and stayed there for a few days but one night he was drinking too much at home and he decided to come onto me while I was in my room changing.

"Hey Daniel, what do you want-" before I could finish he hit me across the face. "Shut the fuck up you little bitch!!" He said aggressively so I did what I was told "strip" I looked at him in fear as I was knowing what was happening "what the FUCK did I just say bitch! Strip!!" He yells louder and I do as he says and get all my clothes off.

Then he pushes me on the bed and starts raping me as i scream for help. He starts choking me "shut the fuck up! You need to be quiet bitch!" He said while squeezing harder. He finally stops and starts hitting me, he broke a bottle on my head and left me there shaking and beaten.

|end of flashback|

I explained it to her and started crying even more while she held me. I could tell she was mad. "I'll kill the bastard for you babygirl." she says making me giggle a little. "Thank you for listening El." i say as i give her a peck on the lips. "always baby, always." she says smiling.

We get up and I start cooking breakfast, as I'm cooking I hear a knock at the door. "It's open!" Ellie and I yell from the kitchen, someone walks in and comes to the kitchen but to my suprise it's Joel "oh hey Joel, what's up?" I ask as I'm still cooking.

"It's about your father.." I froze at his words "wait- what do you mean!? Is he ok?!" I said in panick "He got hurt on patrol and he ran into some fireflies.." as he spoke I was already out the door and on my way to the infirmary.

"Where is he?! Where is my dad!?" I said as I got mad, someone grabs my hand and it's my dad. I hug him so tightly "papa what happened?! Who did it!?" I said as I examined his face.

"Easy kiddo, I just got caught up with some people and infected but im ok, and no one did this to me baby-" I cut him off "Bullshit! Tell me who it was!" I say with anger.

"I would calm down right now if i were you because I don't want to detaine you." I look and see Daniel. "don't you fucking touch me!" He starts walking towards me so I grab Tommy’s pistol and point it at him as he raises his hands. "Lower the gun y/n." he said in a low voice.

"Y/n, lower the gun." I hear Tommy say and he glares at Daniel. "step away from my daughter." As he said that daniel came closer and that's when I snapped. I punched him in the face about 3 times before putting him in a choke hold "Leave Jackson and my family alone!" I said as I hear 2 people rush towards me "Y/n! Y/n! Let him go!" It's ellie.

I get distracted and daniel takes that opportunity and slams me onto my back hard, he gets ontop on me and punches me multiple times. "Don't think for one second that you can beat me because I'm invincible-" he gets cut off by Joel upper cutting the shit out of him and making him fall onto his back.

Ellie helps me up. "you ok babe?" I nod but my eyes landed back on Daniel. "Remember one thing and one thing only! Don't come near me or my family ever again because if you do, you won't like what happens to you...do you understand?" I say in a low voice as he nods in fear "good! Now get out of this town!" I say with a dark smile.

He quickly gets up and runs out of the town while everyone looks at me in suprise and shock. "What?" I say confused then I realized my nose was bleeding so I get a cloth and hold it on my to stop the bleeding.

"nothing, just never saw you get protective over something like that." Tommy said and everyone else agreed.

"I learned a few things on my own, after mama left me in the woods when I was 10 after I lost...you...in the woods, I defended myself ever since you got lost. Mama was horrible, she would beat me, and literally anything to make me weak, but soon enough I got the courage to fight back, and that's when I killed her because I was sick of fighting her" I say as I go over to my horse and feed him a carrot.

Tommy looked at me like he saw a ghost "what?"

"Nothing, but that's not the sweet girl I remember" he said with disappointment. "well papa people change, you promised so much but you broken every single one, that's why I never rely on promises because that just mean more broken promises."

I walked out and head to the shooting range to blow off steam.