Chapter 4

A/n: I'm trying to continue my oneshot book as well bc I'm not finished with it, could ya'll help me out and go look at it, comment some ideas bc it would help a lot, thanks! And one more thing in this chapter Joel will not be dying! He stays alive in my book!!

Warnings: gore, swearing, death
__________________________

Ellie and I were just now waking up to everyone gone, I look over and see that there is a note on the coffee table so I go over and pick it up. "Hey El's we are on patrol this morning, we have 1 hour to get ready." I said as I look at my, just now waking up, girlfriend.

"Yeah, yeah." She said with a tired husk voice. I immediately blush at the sound of her voice and she seems to notice. "Like what I sound like babygirl?" She said smirking as I turn and head to my room to get dressed.

I'm a fast person in the morning, I walk out and let ellie get dressed while I make some coffee for us. "Hurry up! Your coffee will get cold!" I heard a small 'mhm' come from my room as I smiled.

I go to my porch and sip on my coffee and suddenly see maria- well mom coming towards me. "Hey sweetie, I just wanted you to know that I'm coming with you on patrol to make sure your safe, your father insisted on me going so I agreed to it." She said with a chuckle. "I bet he did, knowing him, he would have the whole town come with me If he wanted too." I then heard Ellie walk outside and stand beside me with her coffee.

"Tommy being protective again?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah, he's always been that way with me. It scares me sometimes." Ellie chuckled at the last part. "Well I will see you girls at the stables in about 30 minutes, don't be late." She said as she left.

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding in. "Jeez that was awkward, imagine what it will be like on patrol." I say as I walk back inside to put my mug in the sink and get my gear, I tye my hair up in a messy bun so it's not in my face, but I realized that I look a lot like tommy and the only thing I have from my biological mom is my blue eyes which everyone loves because they are filled with 'beauty' as people say.

"You ready? Because I don't want to get my ass yelled at for being late again." Ellie said with a chuckle and I nodded while smiling.

|at the stables|

"We finally arrived!" I say with a grin on my face. "About time ya'll got here." Maria said from behind us, already with our horses. I grab my horse, blue, and make sure everything is secure before hopping on him with ease. "Hurry up and get your horse so we can go, we are going to look for supplies, correct?" I said with a small hint of annoyances, making Ellie snicker next to me.

"Yes and I'm ready so let's get going." She said as she got on her horse.

|at an abandoned medical center|

"Let's stop here! There might be medical supplies in there!" I yell over the wind while getting off my horse, they both followed me with there guns out. "Hey, mask's on, we got spores..." I say in a whispered tone as they put the mask's on.

"I'll search this room over here, you two search that room." Maria said pointing to across from her. We nod and did as we were told.

Ellie and I get jumped by atleast 3 runners and 1 stalker, I kill the stalker with ease because of how quiet I am, but as I'm about to help Ellie a runner jumps on me and starts hitting me with it's hands, scratching me deep in the arm and collar bone. I then push it off and shoot it in the head making it die immediately, I run over to Ellie and kill the runner that's ontop of her as the other one rushes me, she’s grabs me and takes a hit then kills it.

I look at her and gasp. "Ellie...your mask...it's broken!" Before I could finish , I heard a scream come from Maria so I run over as fast as possibke with Ellie close behind. "Y/n....y/n...how have you been?" My heart dropped, that can't be, I killed her a long time ago. I look at the figure and notice it's my biological mom holding what used to be an alive Maria.

I looked at Maria's now deceased body. "Oh...s-shit what did you do?! You killed my mom!! The only mom who cared for me!" I scream with anger and sadness. "She was taking you and Tommy from me! She deserves to di-" before she could finish, I shot her in the leg making her fall. "Uuuugghh! Fuck!...you know your a bitch just like your fath-" I then hit her with a metal pipe. "You will not speak of MY FATHER like that! Do you understand!? My father is the only one that loved me! You hated me!" I hit her again. "This time I'm killing you for real! So I never have to see you ever again!" I give her a one good swing and her head popped off as if it was nothing.

I start crying knowing that Tommy will never forgive me for not being able to save Maria....my MOM...Ellie came up to me and hugged me tight. "I'll explain what happened with my mask later ok? But right now we need to go back to jackson..ok?" I only nodded as she spoke softly.

|at jackson|

I walked in and was immediately greeted by tommy, jesse and dine. "Wait, where is Maria?" Tommy looked at me with a worried expression. "Y/n, where is she...?" He asked again only to get a small 'she's gone..' from me. He looked so defeated and I felt so bad. I got off of my horse so someone could take him inside the stables. "It's my fault dad...I couldn't save her..I could've if i was fast enough." I started crying even more. "Y/n, nothing is your fault because you tried to save her, right?" Jesse asked and I nodded in response.

"Let’s get you cleaned up ok?" Dina gently spoke as placing a hand on my back, but I tensed at the sudden touch making her retract her hand away. "Sorry, keep forgetting about personal space." She said with a slight chuckle. "Would you rather have Ellie help you?" She asked and I nodded while entering my house. "Fuck...Fuck...Fuck, what am I going to do...?" 'My step mom is dead, dad probably hates me and will disown me...and then Ellie was breathing in spores and not coughing' so yeah, I would say my day is fucked.

I was interrupted by my door opening to reveal Ellie. "Let’s get you cleaned up and after we need to talk." She said in a sympathetic tone. I nodded and lifted my shirt off my body wincing in pain as there were many bruises forming and cuts bleeding.

|after getting cleaned up|

Ellie started to explain that she is immune and how she got bitten. I was amazed, almost forgetting about what happened today. She saw that I wasn't mad but that I was intrigued by her immunity. "Immused much?" She said chuckling. "Yeah, I mean it's amazing how your immune because you can get bit so many times, but you won't get infected." I said with a smile.

|hours later|

Ellie and I were watching TV when I heard a knock at my door. I got up to open the door and when I did it revealed Tommy. 'Oh shit, here we go.'

"Hey kiddo, I just wanted to say that it's not your fault that she died ok? Don't blame yourself please." He said and as soon as he said that, I hugged him so tightly if I were to let go he would disappear. "I thought you wouldn't want me anymore." I said while tearing up. He closes the door and hugs me. "Babygirl, I could never let you go because if I did, I pretty sure I wouldn't be where I am today." He said while stroking my hear to help calm my heartbeat down.

"Thanks dad and I will see you tomorrow afternoon because I'm staying here in my house a long with Ellie, I'm sore and so is she." He nodded as I spoke. "I'll have Dina and Jesse take your patrol for tomorrow." I gave him a smile and with that he left. I walk over to Ellie and layed ontop of her with my head on her chest as I started tearing up. "Ellie, I miss her..." Ellie didn't say anything but just hugged me as I cried for hours until I calmed down and fell asleep.