Chapter 20: Heaven?

"Tamaki?" the lights in the room blinded him, causing him to squint at his friend sitting in a chair to his right.

"K-Kyoya? You're awake? I... I didn't think I would ever see you again."

"Neither did I..." Kyoya sat up, eyes having adjusted to the room. He held his arms out, and Tamaki hesitantly hugged him.

"Never scare me like that again, Kyo."

"I... I won't," Kyoya held his tongue, wanting to ask something but scared about the answer.

As if he read his mind, Tamaki said, "I... I read the letter. It- it was beautifully written. And... well... I don't know how to say this but," he leaned into Kyoya and pressed his lips against his.

He felt Kyoya's hands run up his back, pulling him in closer like he couldn't get enough. Kyoya then pulled away and pinched himself.

"Uh- Kyo?"

"I had to make sure I'm not in heaven."

He could see the heartbreak in Tamaki's eyes, but then pulled him in for another kiss. As the two pulled away again, he could feel the blond staring at him, at the various marks on his body, "did you... do all of that to yourself?" Tamaki's voice broke as he asked.

"No," Kyoya replied, cuffing Tamaki's face, "some of it... well you know my dad and brother."

"Kyoya marry me. Leave them. We can live together – please. We can... save each other. I can protect you and I can love you, and you will never have to feel like this again."

"Before I say yes, explain."

And so Tamaki did. He explained what his grandmother had planned, why he pushed Kyoya away, his proposal to Haruhi; everything.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for, Tamaki?"

"I... I should have just told you from the start, I shouldn't have been such a coward."

"Insult yourself again and I'll divorce you."

"Rich coming from you- wait what? You- you'll divorce me? Does that mean you'll--?"

Tamaki was cut off by another kiss, "I love you, Tamaki."

Neither of them could stop the tears that ran down their faces, and soon after, the rest of the host club entered.

"You look terrible," Kyoya had said to them, a mirror shoved in his face in response. Then, for the first time in a while, he laughed. They laughed with him. He felt at home, safe and warm and protected.

----

Since the hospital was owned by The Ootori Group, Kyoya's eldest brother allowed him to stay out of the mental health ward on the condition he go to weekly therapy sessions. As soon as he was let out the hospital, Kyoya took Tamaki to sign their names and legally be married. It was the last day of the month; Tamaki had done it. All that was left was a wedding.