My personal doctor

Carina came home from work and couldn't help noticing something odd as soon as she crosses the door. Everything was so silent and quiet and even the curtains where still closed. That was very strange because Maya was supposed to be home by now.

The brunette arched one eyebrow while resting her keys on the table while trying to listen for any sounds. Not a thing was heard. She then went straight to their bedroom to look for her girlfriend.

In the bedroom, Carina found Maya under the covers and the room completely dark. The Italian walked apprehensively to her girlfriend silently trying to see if she was asleep.
Hearing her footsteps Maya just squirmed on the bed moaning.

"Bambina? Are you feeling well?", She asked approaching the bed and leaning to try seeing what's wrong with her girlfriend.

"Not even a little", a muffled voice said from under the covers.

"What are you feeling?", Carina sat on the bed beside her and tried to find the blonde's face under the sheets.

"First I felt a stomachache now it feels like my whole body hurts. I feel dizzy. I think it was something I ate", The firefighter spoke almost forcing the voice to come out. She sighed between one word and another.

"Since when are you feeling like this?", Carina said, touching her girlfriend's forehead with the back of her hand and feeling that she was burning with fever.

"Since before I came from the Station, but... I managed to drive home", She said pulling the covers again almost covering her entire face.

"Did you drive by yourself from the Station while you were sick? Why didn't you call me or ask someone to drive you home? You could have had an accident, you know? Why didn't you call me, Maya?", Carina raised her voice.

"Okay, Carina, you can lecture me for as long as you want later but now I need...", She couldn't finish the sentence. The blonde just jumped out of the bed running towards the bathroom, almost knocking the brunette off on the way.

Carina immediately went after her to find the blonde leaning over the toilet vomiting nonstop. She just sat on her knees holding her girlfriend hair with one hand and going over her back with the other one.

After all the throwing up, they kept sitting on the floor for a while. Carina holding Maya's body against hers while she kept her hands pressed to her stomach as if to ease the pain. She was feeling so weak like she couldn't even get up.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you earlier. It's just that you know I hate when you hide things from me and... I just got worried about you", Carina spoke complacently passing her hand over the other's face.

"I'm sorry too", the words almost didn't come out from the blonde's lips.

Her face who had previously been red from the fever was now pale and her forehead was covered in droplets of cold sweat. Her lips were so white it looked like there was no blood running through her body.

"I hate this", She complained almost crying as she threw her head back.

"I know, bambina, but soon you'll be fine. I'll take care of you", Carina said, running her hand over Maya's back. "Are you in a lot of pain?"

The blonde only answered with a nod while squinting her eyes what led her girlfriend to bring her hand to her face.

"Do you feel like going back to bed?", The Italian woman was still sitting on the bathroom floor with her girlfriend. "Don't you want to take a cold shower? It can help lower your fever", The Italian took her girlfriend's face between her hands and spoke gently.

"No, I don't think I can. I still feel dizzy."

"All right. Let's get you in bed", Carina stood up and held out her hands to help the blonde.

"I'll get you more comfortable clothes", Carina said leaving her girlfriend sitting on the bed and heading towards the closet.

The woman firefighter came from the station feeling so bad, she didn't even change her clothes and was still wearing her jeans. Carina came back from the closet and helped the blonde undress and then change into a loose t-shirt and sweatpants.

"See... Much better."

After that, Carina helped her get under the covers fluffing the pillows under her head and covering her.

"I'll get some water and medicine for your pain, ok?", the OB/GYN said gently removing a strand of hair from the other's face. "I'll be right back."

Maya said an "okay" almost with no sound and shut her eyes again.

It was only at this point that Carina noticed that she was still walking around the house in heels the way she'd came from work. She quickly took off her shoes and left them right there in the living room. Then she went back to the bedroom and handed a pill and water to her girlfriend.

"Take this. It will ease your pain. Now try to get some rest and later you can get something to eat."

"Just thinking about eating something makes me feel like throwing up again", Maya said squinting.

"Rest, bambina. I'm going to take a quick shower and come back to be with you, okay?", The Italian woman hold Maya's face and gave her a tender kiss on the forehead.

The firefighter nodded and turned to the side.

After a few minutes, Carina was back in the bedroom and checking on the blonde she noticed she was asleep. "Great, so I have time to prepare something for her to eat... and for me too", Carina thought, noticing she hadn't eaten anything in hours.

After a few busy hours between doing some household chores and checking to see if Maya was still sleeping, Carina returned to her girlfriend's side on the bed. The brunette gently placed her hand over Maya's face to check the temperature and notice that her fever was lower even though the blonde's skin was still warm.

She sat by her side with a book in hands while keeping the other hand going gently over her love's locks of hair, but soon gave up reading, lay down spooning with her girlfriend and, tired as she was, ended up falling asleep.

The brunette was awakened by the movement of the firefighter rolling in bed. Blonde was now facing her.

"Do you feel better?", it was the first thing Carina asked when her eyes met the blue eyes.

"A little. No nausea and the pain is now more of a discomfort. Which is already very good."

"Your fever has gone down, thankfully. Do you think you can eat something?"

"No. I don't want to eat anything, Carina. I don't think I can. My stomach turns just thinking about it", Maya scowled at the suggestion.

"We'll try, okay? You need to eat something and I made you vegetables soup. Just a light meal for you to get some energy", The brunette said as if talking to a child.

"Okay," she said, rolling her eyes in disapproval, but what difference would it make to say "no" to Carina? She wouldn't be convinced that easily. "I think I'm going to take a shower first."

"You want me to help you?"

"I think I'm able shower myself."

"Okay, okay", Carina chuckled happy to see Maya wanting to be independent again. "She's feeling better. Definielly", the brunette tought.

The firefighter sat up in bed, still weak but less pale, and was involved in a hug from Carina. The brunette tightened arms around her and rest her face on the blode's back.

"This makes me feel a lot better", Maya said, closing her eyes as she felt her girlfriend's body enveloping hers.

"You better get used to it because I'll be glued like this with you for the next few days."

"I'm very lucky to have you as my personal doctor."
Carina just laughed and placed a kiss on her cheek.

Carina in fact spent the day glued to Maya helping her with whatever she needed. At night the blonde was already feeling a little better and the two spent time together on the couch, sharing a blanket while watching a movie.