Snowball fight

AN: A little prompt I made for the #MarinaWinterCheers. Hope you enjoy.

"Okay, bambina, it's been 10 minutes since we're out. Can we go back inside?", Carina complained crossing her arms over her chest almost shivering.

"But, babe? We didn't even enjoy the snow yet", Maya said keeping her eyes on the horizon. The sun setting was just a shy light bellow the clouds.

"That's enough for me. I don't think snow means fun."

"Wow, you're grumpy today", Maya turned her head to face her wife.

"I'm not...I just don't like the snow as much as you do", the brunette shrugged.

"Why?", now the blonde crossed arms.

"Because it's cold, wet, makes simple things hard like walking and driving and have I said cold yet?", she enumerated making Maya laugh.

"Okay, you can go in. I'll be here for a while."

Carina brushed her nose against Maya's red nose and headed back to their cabin. Hands deep into her pockets. Feet crunching the snow as she slowly walked.

The cabin was surrounded by glass windows that gave the most beautiful view for the winter landscapes. No sign of civilization just the two of them and more and more snow.

When she was halfway through the icy stairs to get in to the porch, she felt something hit her upper back.

"Ouch", she said to immediately turn over to caught Maya laughing so hard she was leaning over her knees.

Maya dodged a second before a big snowball almost being hit directly into the face.

"Hey, that was not fair. You can hit my face", Maya turned back to see Carina with a smirk wiping her hands together to get the snow off.

"If you can take the heat, get out of the kitchen", the brunette arched one eyebrow.

Maya was open mouthed. She had just unleashed the beast.

"Okay, get this one then", the blonde said throwing another snowball.

The Italian woman was faster and was able to hide getting down behind the handrail. The ball flew an inch over the brunette's head and shattered on the ground.

"Ha ha ha, you gotta try harder than this, bambina", Carina laughed showing her face to see Maya's disappointed expression. "Okay, my turn."

The Italian woman took a good amount of snow and quickly scooped it up to form a ball. She came downstairs with a hand held and pretend she was going to throw but didn't.

Maya started to run away to avoid being hit again. After a few seconds, the blonde turn to see what happened and was smacked right in the face for the cold matter.

"Ouch, not in the face, Carina", the woman firefighter complained bushing the snow off her face and shoulders. She was angry.

"I'm sorry If you're a bad competitor", Carina said not even a little sorry.

"I'm what?", Maya felt personally offended. That was one thing she was not and it was a bad competitor. But now her goal had been achieved. Carina was back in the snow and the handrail was out of her reach.

Suddenly, the blonde's expression turned into an evil one. She took her gloves off and scooped an amount of snow as fast as she could. Her hands freezing but that was a personal matter now. She just got an impulse and throw it with the force of a rock. She cheered grabbing more snow.

"Ouch, I wasn't prepared", the brunette complained but it was too late. Maya started to throw one ball after another didn't missing one. "Maaaaya, stop", she said while trying to protect her face from the attack.

"Why should I? If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, you said yourself", the blonde had a diabolical expression on her face. She was enjoying that so much.

The brunette tried to run towards the cabin to hide again but Maya was just to close.

She lost balance and felt on her knees. Maya burst laughing.

The firefighter approached the brunette and reached out to help her get up. Carina took her hand but instead of getting up she just pulled her wife directly into the snow. They laugh together letting their bodies rest on the cold blanket of snow.

"Who's the bad competitor now, hun?", Maya said after they got up, approaching with a smugly smile on her face and wrapping her wife by the hips. "I won", she whispered triumphant.

"By whose rules?", Carina's arms we're around her lover's shoulders.

"By mine", she said laughing while facing the beautiful brunette. Brown eyes leveled with hers. Maya took Carina by the chin and bought her in for a kiss.

They separated their lips but kept their faces close for a while. The passionate smile on their faces.

"Okay, your hands are freezing, bambina. Go get your gloves back", the brunette said going off their little bubble of love.

"And you're covered in snow", Maya laughed letting go of the Italian woman to go look for the pair of gloves she had just thrown way minutes ago.

"You did this", Carina tried to take some of the snow out of her hair and shoulders.

"That's on you for calling me a 'bad competitor'", Bishop impressed her wife's voice while making finger quotes.

"I don't sound like that", the doctor complained with a squint. "Now... can we go in? I'm going to make hot chocolate and we're going to snuggle in front of the fireplace. Are you in?"

"Hot chocolate and snuggles with the most beautiful woman on earth in front of the fireplace? Count me in", The blonde said with a mischievous look while Carina took her face bringing her in for another peak.

"And then we can have a warm shower and head to our big, big bed and the rest we can figure it out as we go", she said flashing a devilish smirk.

"I love you", Maya whispered keeping their lips together.

The sky started to darken as the night approached and the lights was reflecting on the white snow. A few snowflakes were starting to fall.

"Look, it's snowing", Maya turned her eyes to the sky squirting excited.

"You're such a kid", Carina laughed at her wife.

They got up the stairs with arms wrapped to enjoy the rest of their day together.