CHAPTER 59

ELLA VERLICE

My throat was dry. I tried to breathe, but it felt like there was something clogging my airway. My throat tensed around whatever was blocking my air, my eyes shooting open as I gagged. A woman in a white coat beside me jumped at my sudden upright position. I gagged again, my hands going to my mouth where they grabbed at a large tube. I stared at it in horror, following it down to a machine next to the unfamiliar bed I was currently in. I mustn't have been breathing right, hence why there was a fucking breathing tube lodged down my throat. The woman had run out of the room, probably to notify someone that I was awake. Wrapping my hands around the tube, I counted down from 5, the second I got to 1 using all the strength to rip the tube out of my mouth. I dry wretched at the grooves itched my throat as I ripped it out, throwing it on the ground with a large gasp.

I sat in the bed for a couple moments trying to catch my breath before lifting my arms, staring at the needles poking into my skin with confusion. I ripped all 3 needles out of my arms with a hiss, pulling the bed sheets back and flinging my legs over the side of the bed. The second I pushed myself up from the bed with a loud grunt my knees collapsed on me.

"Woah, Woah, Woah" A male voice hissed, arms catching me and bringing me into a chest before I fell to the ground. I gripped mystery mans shoulders, trying to hold myself up as he pushed me back onto the bed. I finally looked up, instantly gasping as I shoved at his shoulders, watching him stumble back a couple steps.

"Don't you fucking touch me" I spat, pointing a finger at his face. He frowned, taking a step towards me.

"Ella, I-"

"I'm being serious Blane. If you touch me, I'll rip your fucking eyes out of your face" I warned, Blane raising his hands in the air in defense.

"I get it. You're scared, and confused, and your mind is probably trying to deal with a hundred different emotions right now but-" I cut him off, raising my voice.

"No, you don't fucking get it" I yelled harshly, watching his mouth snap shut, his eyes focused on me.

"You don't get it, even I don't get it" I added, an unwelcoming silence filling the air. A silence that gave me time to remember, reflect and think about things I'd wished I'd forgotten.

"What do you get?" Blane finally spoke up, his voice wary as if he had to be cautious around me.

"I get that I'm- I..." I paused, my gaze falling to the ground as everything came back to me.

"I'm alone" I finished, pulling my legs back onto the bed, wrapping my arms around my knees. I'd obviously zoned out, because I hadn't realised Blane was sitting in front of me, his hand on my knee.

"Are you oka-"

"What did I tell you about touching me?" I instantly yelled, Blanes hand leaving my knee like my skin was acid.

"Sorry" He mumbled.

"I just want to know how you're doing?" I snorted, rolling my eyes before looking at him ahead of me.

"Well, I don't know if you missed this or not but I was just recently sold by a group of guys I thought were my friends, so currently? Not doing too crash hot" Blane smiled slightly, nodding his head slowly as he stared down at the rings on his fingers.

"Bad timing" Blane chuckled to himself, earning a tiny laugh from my end.

"How much was I sold for anyway? I'm just curious what I'm worth" Blane sighed, shaking his head.

"Ella, I don't really-"

"It's the least you could do for me" Blane looked up, staring at my face before looking down at his lap.