CHAPTER 44

CAIDEN FULTON

Murder on my mind. Had I known that was how they were going to shut her up I would've shoved them away and done it myself. I didn't want to look at Creed because I knew his lips had been on Ellas. I didn't want to look at Blake because he quite literally got to taste her. And I didn't want to look at Ella because her moans were printed into my brain. I hate that they made her feel like that.

Oslo will be happy when we report Ellas work today. He'll be beyond ecstatic that she found a secret passage in seconds, one we didn't even know was there. She'll be exactly what he wanted. He'll call her his 'Golden Goose'.

I heard Ella and Blake talking to each other behind me, about what? I couldn't tell you. Creed was ahead of them but behind me, his head turning every direction, checking that we wouldn't bump into anyone we weren't supposed to. I didn't know how we were going to get into everything without her noticing it was easier than it's supposed to be. She's not an idiot, if we don't distract her she'll figure out somethings wrong and then she'll be distant.

"Does he know where he's going?" I heard Ellas whisper to Blake. The house was completely silent you could hear a pin drop, so Ellas voice wasn't very discreet.

"He's got the map, plus he's been memorizing the layout of this whole place for the last who knows how many weeks" Blake replied, neither of them realizing I could hear them. We all turned the corner, jumping as we bumped into Arson, Blake and Tatum. We'd all internally freaked out thinking we'd just been caught but once we took in each others faces we finally allowed ourselves to breathe.

"Fucking hell" I breathed out a sigh of relief as we all just meshed in together again, everyone following behind me as I knew my way.

"Oh, forgot to mention" Arson's voice stopped us all as we turned to look at him. He pulled his jacket from his side, sticking his hand in and when he pulled it out my eyes snapped to Ellas as I watched her jaw drop to the ground, her eyes bulging out of her head. The shocked look made me smile. We'd all seen this before, all but her.

"Is..is that the-" She couldn't even finish her question, her eyes dragging over to me, her mouth snapping closed around her fist as I nodded with a smile. We all stared at the the diamond larger than Arson's hand.

"Anyway, come on we've got a safe to find" Creed clapped his hands, all of us instantly freezing as the sound echoed, our eyes snapping to him. He smiled sheepishly, mouthing sorry to everyone. I rolled my eyes turning around, making my way throughout the house I'd memorized, sparing glanced over my shoulder to make sure everyone was still following and to make sure we didn't have more people from Creed's stupid clap.

ELLA VERLICE

I don't know how they'd done it, but they found the fucking diamond. THE FUCKING DIAMOND. Knowing it was in Arson's pocket made it all the more tempting to grab and run. If I stole it I could run away, never to see any of them again. I'd move to a different country, and start a new life as the new hot young rich lady to the neighbourhood; the one all the dad's want to be friends with. I'd never do that to them though, majority of them had been nothing but good to me, plus we were gonna split it; I wouldn't run from them now.

The excitement from seeing the diamond didn't make the fear of being in Oslo Ricci's house disappear. Something felt off, that's all I knew. They all think I'm overreacting, but I'm not. This is too fucking easy so far, and I can tell they know that too; none of them were worried about being caught. It's as if they knew all the codes to get in the place and disable the systems, it's as if they knew no one at all was going to be here. They new something that I didn't, but I wasn't going to question them on it. This was quite literally what they did for a living and I'm not going to be that bitch that tells them they're doing it wrong, or that they're oblivious to something. So I stood back and watched them do their job, as much as I wanted to turn and leave, never to come back.