The Day

(Joo POV)

Week passes quickly. I am more than excited with what I'm going to do today.

November, 24th. It's my one and only bestfriend birthday today. I woke up early since I cannot sleep so much last night due to being excited for today.

I know Heejin gonna burst at my door in any given moment. So, being myself, I pretended not to waking up yet and just play with my phone waiting for her.

As I expected, she came burst in my bedroom door and shouting herself "Happy Birthday Heejin!!". She jumped into my bed right next to me.

"Happy birthday, Princess Heejin!" I said while I pulled her body onto the bed and smothered her in cuddles. I breathe the sense of her, deeply. I really love her smell especially in the morning.

Heejin never refused, she looked at my face and say
"I love the way you are in the morning. Sometime I wonder how could you be so cold but to witness you like this, it's my pleasure".

"You are the exception. What do you wanna do for today? You have me until 3pm coz I need to work later," asked me sleepily while kissing her forehead.

"Joo-ah, I literally could fall in love with you if you are a man. Your deep voice is just more sexier than Ju-won Oppa in the morning tho." teased her.

I chuckled myself to her statement and so I said "I don't need to be a man for you to love Heejin. Shall we grab lunch before I heading to work?" I asked again.

"Ehem.." She hummed.

"Seaweed soup?" I ask while picking one eyes at her.

"I'm hungry." said her while pouting.

"Seaweed soup and Jjangmyeon then," I assured her.

"Yeay!! Let's wake up your sleepy head," nagging her while pulling me off the bed.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Narrator perspective)

Heejin drove both of them to her favorite restaurant. She ordered almost everything in the menus. Famish she said.

"Up to you Heejin. It's my treat today," Joo said.

"Thank you love. By the way, I will straight go to my parents house after this okay, I'll meet you at the bar later at night," Heejin explained.

"You better come early before my sessions is finish. Or else you might have to forget your birthday present this year," Joo reminds Heejin.

"Ara. Araso,"answered her with big smiles.

They ate with gusto while chatting this and that. Later than, Heejin dropped Joo at her workplace. They said goodbye for now.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ju-won is nowhere to be seen today, not even texting Joo for his absence. She wondered where the hell that boy is. Few hour passes, suddenly her phone ringing. she saw Ju-won name on the screen.

"Hello, Ju-won ah. Are you alright?", ask her first.

"Sister! I'm fine. I-- probably --not -- be able-- to comes in today--"he stuttered anxiously.

"Yo, what happened bro? Why are you stuttering? "she said in worry.

"Nothing. Something comes unplanned and I'm not sure whether I'm ready yet?" explain him slowly.

"Take a deep breath and slowly tell me. I'm all ears, "assured her this time.

Ju-won took a long deep breath and finally spill it out "I got a call from Heejin, her parents invited me for her birthday dinner tonight at their house."