003. RESEARCH: PETER PARKER, MIDTOWN'S (SECOND) BEST AND BRIGHTEST!

"YOU KNOW, IT'S NICE TO SEE PETER WITH A NEW FRIEND,"     May commented as she handed Theo a can of sparkling water from the fridge, smiling, "of course, there's nothing wrong with Ned or MJ, but at least I know that Peter is expanding his inner c...

"YOU KNOW, IT'S NICE TO SEE PETER WITH A NEW FRIEND,"     May commented as she handed Theo a can of sparkling water from the fridge, smiling, "of course, there's nothing wrong with Ned or MJ, but at least I know that Peter is expanding his inner circle. Lord knows what's gonna happen when he finally heads off to college."

    Peter's eyes widened, horrid. "Aunt May!" he grumbled and Theo couldn't help but laugh at the interaction. "He's not my friend, he's just my lab partner for the month."

     Peter wasn't a fan of having Theo over, but they needed a location for when they were working after school, considering they couldn't hide away in Midtown's labs  after hours. Unfortunately, May was already starting to warm up to Theo—damn his undeniable charm.

    "Yeah, we're just trying to come up with a science project," Theo agreed, shrugging.

    "You mean, you guys still haven't come up with a hypothesis yet?" May asked, eyebrows raised.

    "We may be the smartest, but not all great minds think alike, Mrs. Parker," Theo retorted jokingly.

     May waved a hand, dismissing him. "Please, call me May. I was Mrs. Parker years ago. That train has left the station."

     "Well," Peter piped up, "if you need us, we'll be in my room. Don't call nine-one-one if you start to hear screaming."

     Both Peter and Theo got up, Peter leading the way. It was clean for the most part, save for the hoodie that laid across the back of his desk chair and the disheveled sheets that covered his bed. The lamp was still on, and various sheets of paper were splayed across the desk, doodles of who knows what—Theo couldn't tell from where he was standing. Peter was quick to shove them into one of the drawers, Theo raising an eyebrow at the action.

    "Not planning on world domination, are you?" Theo asked after Peter finally finished frantically shoving sheet after sheet into the drawer before closing it shut. "A little ambitious for a high school junior, don't you think?"

     "You'd be surprised," Peter huffed out a laugh, looking around awkwardly at the space surrounding him. "Um, make yourself at home, if you want."

     "I thought you didn't want me over," Theo remembered, albeit letting his backpack fall to the ground as he went to sit in the desk chair, sliding back a few feet in the process as the wheels rolled him across the bedroom floor.

     "I don't, I'm just being courteous or else you'd give me zero stars on Yelp."

     Theo tilted his head, giving Peter an amused look before unzipping his backpack to get out his laptop. "I unfortunately can't give you zero stars, I'd have to settle for one. With valid reason, of course—severe lack of domestic warmth and hospitality. You'd make a terrible au pair."