005. CONCLUSION: THEO AND PETER FINALLY FOUND A HYPOTHESIS

THEO DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS, BUT P.E. JUST WASN'T CUTTING IT.     It was nothing compared to the rigorous training he endured at the C.A.M.P., so it felt more like a warm-up to him than an actual workout. He also didn't really understand the concept of physical education—he understood the physical aspect, with the way everyone was up and moving, but the educational facet was nowhere to be found. But it was only to further his confusion when they were introduced to a game of basketball—shirts vs. skins style.

     Theo stood shirtless in a pair of Midtown PE shorts, athletic socks, and Nike Blazers with his hands shoved into his pockets, definitely feeling some sort of heat growing on him from the gazing stares some of the girls were giving him from the bleachers as they watched the boys play. He nodded their head over to them as a term of acknowledgement, and he could see Jamie rolling her eyes and sticking her finger into her mouth, pretending to gag. Theo threw her the bird before jogging to get in formation with the rest of his team.

     "Has Midtown ever had a game of shirts vs. skins before?" Theo heard Peter ask Ned, who was subtly eyeing Theo from the corner of his eye. Theo raised an eyebrow in question and Peter looked away.

    Ned shrugged. "Maybe they're finally learning to loosen up." And with a blow of the whistle, the game started. Theo was surprisingly amazing; he easily zigzagged through his opponents as he made his way down the court, throwing the ball into the backboard to bounce it into the hoop. Theo caught Peter looking at him and he couldn't help but smirk, shrugging nonchalantly.

     That was how the game went, basically: Theo would be passed the ball, Theo would score, and the class would go crazy. It was funny to Peter how Theo had only shown up a month ago and he had the school wrapped around his finger. They knew next to nothing about him, he was just an attractive (Peter had eyes) transfer student from God knows where (Peter knew, but it still technically counted as God knows where considering it was practically the middle of nowhere and almost nonexistent). What Peter did know was that Theo was annoying—he'd always hog the microscope during their Chemistry class, and he'd throw crumpled paper balls at him whenever Peter wasn't paying attention to him (he wasn't paying attention on purpose).

     When the game was over and it was time to go, Theo was approached by none other than student body president Liz Allan, who was accompanied by a onyx-haired friend of hers, her almond brown eyes sparkling.

     "Hi," Theo said to her as he pulled his shirt down over his head (he wasn't sure why when he was going to shower).

     "Theo, this is Zoia Kassa, my friend and our school's beloved tour guide," Liz introduced her as Zoia reached her hand out for him to shake.

     "Thanks, but my cousin already gave me a tour when I showed up a month ago." Theo met Zoia's hand with hers, shaking it.

     "True, but she wasn't going to give you a tour," Liz countered.