007. FACT: YOUR GUT IS RIGHT 90% OF THE TIME (SOMETIMES)

SUNDAY NIGHT, PETER WAS PICKING AT HIS FOOD WITH HIS FORK

SUNDAY NIGHT, PETER WAS PICKING AT HIS FOOD WITH HIS FORK. The night at the Parker residence was quiet for the most part, but only because Peter was still reeling from last night's events.

It was a good kiss, a really good kiss, and Peter found himself to be partially insane to think that he could probably still feel Theo's arm wound around the back of his neck, ghosting. But the part that got him to actually spiral was the fact that Theo went in for a second, nay third, kiss. That was what had Peter up at all hours of the night against his better judgement. It wasn't entirely like it was his first kiss, but something about it may or may not have flicked on a little lightbulb in his head. He wasn't sure it was a good thing.

"Whatcha thinking about over there, Peter?" May asked, cutting into Peter's thoughts as she brought him back into their apartment dining room. Peter accidentally dropped his fork onto his plate, startling himself, as he answered, more so blurted, "IthinkIlikesomeone." It came out all jumbled, one word stacked over the other, and he wasn't sure why he said it because it wasn't even true.

"Slow down, honey," May returned after having done her best to hear Peter's answer, laughing a little at his response, "what did you say?"

Peter braced himself, and repeated, slower this time, "I think I like someone."

May's eyebrows rose at the answer. "Oh."

"Don't get any ideas, Aunt May, please. I'm not even sure if I actually like them."

May raised her hands in mock surrender. "I didn't say anything."

"You were about to. I can feel it."

"You and your creepy Peter tingle." Peter didn't even have time to register a reaction to that because May asked, "So, who is it? I always thought you had a thing for MJ, even after all of your Liz shenanigans—"

Peter let out a huff. "Aunt May, it's not MJ. I don't even think she likes me like that, anyway. You remember when Theo came over so we could work on our science project?"

"How can I forget? You can never seem to quit complaining about him," May replied nonchalantly, calmly watching Peter's cheeks turn a tint of pink. "But go on, honey."

"Okay," Peter shifted in his seat a little bit, actually starting to get nervous about what was next to come, "he kissed me." There. It was quick, painless, a safe rip-the-bandaid-off approach. Simple. "At the party. I mean, it was for a game, so it wasn't really all that real but. . ." he trailed off, not sure how to cap off his sentence.

May crossed her arms as she sat back in her chair, invested now. "Would you say that it felt real to you?"

Peter shrugged, unable to answer. May nodded at that, and left him be for the rest of the night.