~5~

"I uh. Have to go. Right now." I said stuttering and grabbing my things before booking it to the bathroom.

Let's see what tricks this puppy can do.

All the different possibilities circled around on a wheel. The hour hand choosing it's victim. It slowed. And stopped. Mind reading, not to bad. It won't affect much which is good, ok I can go back with them now. This was one of the only powers I was actually able to control, because Wanda was able to give me the most tips on it.

"Ok guys sorry, I'm back now." I said walking back as if nothing happened.

"That wasn't weird at all." Mj said with a chuckle.

"Anyways I have to go, see you guys later though. See you back at the tower Athena." James said with a smile as he stuffed off.

"Sorry about him, that must've been odd for you guys." I said putting my attention back at them.

I heard a voice, speaking but it was all in echos. It was Peter's thoughts. Alright what's really going on in that head of yours?

"I can't stand that dude already. Why does she like him so much? She's nice. She gave me her jacket. It smells like her. The zipper is going to break. Stop fiddling with it. Ok what are they talking about? Athena looks so pretty. What am I thinking?! Ok just focus, what May said, block it out." It cooed in my ear in whispers.

Oh shit.

"Earth to Athena! Hello?! Girl I've been trying to get your attention for 2 minutes. Penny for your thoughts?" Mj mused.

"Can I talk to you for a second? Alone." I asked, mumbling the last bit.

"I see how it is. Go on leave us." Ned said in a sarcastic and dramatic way that I couldn't help but laugh at.

Mj and I walked out an empty all, between the art room and the gym. She spun me around and had worry written all over her face.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Y-yeah I'm fine."

"We'll then what's up?"

"This is going to sound really stupid if I'm wrong but I have to know. Does, does Peter like me? Like more than friends?"

"Uh- well, n-not that it's my place to say but... yeah completely head over heels teen romcom type deal."

"You must be joking."

"Is it that bad if I'm not?"

"Don't get me wrong he's great and all. Just not in a way more than friends. How could you not tell me sooner!?"

"It wasn't and still isn't my thing to tell. I'm not even sure if it's true or not if I'm being honest with you."

"Elaborate."

"Ok. I overheard the boys talking about it after school. I wasn't supposed to know. But I didn't want to embarrass him by confronting him."

"So you don't know then?"

"No, but I have a really good guess."

"Gotcha, shall we go back? Lunch ends in 3 minutes."

"Sure thing, hey what's your full name?"

"Athena Sienna Stark. Why?"

"No reason. Wait your initials are ASS? I'm sorry but whichever parent chose to name you did a phenomenal job. Hahahahaha!"

"Yeah yeah laugh all you want, I still have the coolest dad and family ever."

"Is that why you're ignoring their texts and calls?"