~6~

Shortly after my father's orders Wanda came in sprinting and slightly panting. She took one look at me and her face settled. Her eyes became solum and proud as she relaxed her body and a small fragile smile played at her lips.

"Why do you look so happy? This is an emergency." My father pleaded as if Wanda was testing his patience.

"Don't you see? It's about her gift is it not?" Her soothing accent chimed.

"Well yes-"

"It's chosen! Athena this will be one quick second take a deep breath in." She said, stepping closer after each word.

The closer she got the faster my heart heated. I was visibly scared. I knew that she understood what she was doing so I did as I was told. I nodded ever so slightly and closed my eyes tight, taking a large breathe in. Suddenly, a bright burst struck my chest.

The sensation felt as if a wave just crashed into me and through my body. Like I was a mere obstacle in the way of it's destruction. My feet began to dangle as I was lifted in the air. Yet my body refused to move, I was paralyzed. Except for my eyes which darted open glowing a bright kelly green. The feeling he gain to feel more and more strong and uncomfortable. I slowly opened my mouth in an attempt to scream from the growing burn in which flowed throughout me. No sound came out. Instead the red which was around me turned a frost like blue. I regained feeling in my arms and attempted to clutch my abdomen to soothe the pain. Inches away, the feeling stopped and I began to fall.

Father caught me reluctantly and looked furious.

"What the hell did you do to her Maximoff!" He said gently placing me down and walking over to her threateningly.

"Cool it papa bear, look." She said pointing to me.

My body went pale. My hands started to feel frozen. I looked up from my hands to meet with my dad's eyes. Only to meet my own. The person standing in front of me however, looked much more malicious than I was. I waved my hand to it and it faded before disappearing completely.

"W-what exactly just happened?"

"You got your gift Athena. It was chosen."

"What exactly is it?"

"I... don't know. That's something you must figure out I suppose."

"Cool."

My father looked toward me concerned then to Wanda.

"Ok Athena, now that this is settled. What is it you would like to do?"

"Become an Avenger!"

"Absolutely not! However maybe beginning training would work in your benefit. That is if it's alright with Wanda."

The two of us tilted our head to her. My eyes pleading, his eyes stained numb and emotionless. Wanda gave a gentle smile and nodded. HELL YES!

A/N: SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER!!! A lot has been going on and I've been distracted, I will try to make updates more regular. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS!

Also... check out my newest book, Atypical Neighbor. It's a mystery novel with dark undertones. So if that's something you are into then give it a read :)