chapter 26

jojo's pov:

"jungkook-ah! I am going to the station. I will be late so don't wait for me"."okay" he replied. I should try reopening the case again. am I thinking right? 

[at the station]

"Mr.jo and Mr.Jung!how about some coffee?" I asked them. they both nodded. we were talking about the case we handled a few days before.[after 1 hour] "Mr.Jung!you were the one who checked the corpse right? can you say about the autopsy?" I asked." but Mrs.Kim, we didn't take any autopsy" he replied. "but why? their family didn't allow it?" I asked him. yes, if they have allowed then we may have got more evidence." he replied*signs*

"Is there a possibility of poisoning?" I asked both of them. Mr.Jung shouted"yes! this crossed my mind when u mentioned the word"poison". "what do you mean?" I asked seriously. Mr.Jung started to explain"usually when a person dies by injury, their body changes to bluish color, only if it is poisoned, the body color will be in pink and the corpse was on pink color. they specifically used poison. it's very old and common. how can I forget the name of it??"

"potassium cyanide?" I asked. he shouted and he said"yes"." so it's a murder or not? Mr. jo asked."it's definitely a murder! why would a student use these kinds of poison to die?" Mr.Jung said."first we should again reopen this case. we now knew how they murdered so I guess it will be easy to find the person" I said. I know who that person is and thanks to jenny so the case will easily end.

I went home dead tired." I told you not to wait for me," I said while seeing jungkook sitting on the couch." it's okay, why are you so happy?" he asked."I finally reopened the case!!" I said while patting his head." that's great!!"."don't you think we forgot something?"jungkook asked being confused.[phone ringing] "oh it's baek Kyung!. now I remember what I forgot!!"

"We forgot about the meeting!!!" I said. "I hope the mafia guy won't be angry" I added.

[on call]

"Hello," I said."you know why I called you right?" the mafia guy said while signing."let's meet today! inform everyone" I said. after I ended the call,jungkook raised his eyebrow to ask what is that about and I said now we are going the meet them.

"How can you guys forget to meet?"baek Kyung said as soon as he saw us." how can you expect them to come when they have just now reunited?"jimin said while laughing. "okay guys! let me tell you what I have found! I said.

I explained everything about what we found."did you know some other things which are common between the students? jenny asked me." well, they are not rich. the three students are learning in scholarship and the thing which is weird is that I found drugs in their bedroom!" I replied. "Jojo, these three students have some common things with seojin too. you noticed right? jenny questioned.

"yes, it is!" I replied."I don't think we will be able to find any other evidence,"baek Kyung said."why would you say that? I guess you guys forgot something. we found Seo-jin's diary from baek Kyung," I said. everyone was shocked. it's obvious they misunderstood baek Kyung for a minute. "it was before baek Kyung partnered with us" I added.

"how about we play some game with that diary?" baek Kyung said. "let's first ruin his reputation with that." ae ra added. "let's do it, " jungkook said.

 [after 3 days]

we submitted the evidence to the court about the corruption happening in the school. the students also held some protests.it was their way of supporting. I felt bad for jenny because although her dad did wrong still it's her dad. the court ordered them to take away their private school license; seal the school and shift the school students to another school.

his reputation was totally ruined and he lost every political connection too. although it was so soon to celebrate, we drank and was relaxing for some time.

baek Kyung's pov:

things are going great. they didn't know they were messing up with a mafia leader. I had many random thought while gulping the soju until I noticed jenny.no matter how evil her dad is but still she have a soft spot for him. maybe because he was really not the kind of person to do that, maybe he is just mentally ill.

"jenny, come with me, "I said while holding her hands." I don't know why but I feel very empty these days," jenny said while looking down." it's okay and it's gonna be alright. just believe in me, okay?" I said while hugging and patting her shoulder. 

there were times when I convinced myself that I am not fit for any human relationship but she was the one who changed it. I should protect her.

I grew up with anxiety, I was always sensitive and alert. and now that I had someone to protect, I had to be more alert to sense such warnings.

[next day]

"Today, we are gonna meet jenny's dad right?"Jojo asked. I nodded. it's really annoying to see someone who looks just like you." he is also gonna come?" I asked while pointing to my identical brother Mr.jeon jungkook." yes, he will be helpful but only we three are going!"Jojo said."if something happens, how will you guys escape from my dad? I know the directions well," Jenny said.

"Okay!"Jojo replied to her.

finally, we meet jenny's dad. he was the one who suggested it. maybe he wants to make a deal. we went to his office. as soon as we came inside. he called his bodyguards and got hold of us. my leg went weak and couldn't move after the guards injected something. I signaled Jojo to take the gun from the bodyguard. but she wasn't able to move like me.

after 5 minutes I was able to move but the bodyguards got hold of us. they were too strong. I was about to release myself but got a shot in my leg. Jojo tried to move but instead was banged by an iron rod which caused bleeding in the head.

I searched for jenny but she wasn't there. jungkook was also heavily injured. then, finally, jenny showed up with her dad. her dad pointed the gun towards jenny's head telling us to give every evidence we have. 

"Stop!!" I heard Jojo shout. she finally took the gun from the bodyguard and shot them and was claiming to raise his hands. she was indeed talented. now there are no bodyguards. jenny's dad pointed the gun towards his own daughter and Jojo pointed towards jenny's dad. jungkook and I were waiting for the right time to attack.

but since I got a shot on the leg. I fell down. before I could even raise my head. I heard a gunshot. I saw Jojo pointing the gun down after the first gunshot.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

author's note: if you think the story is going fast. yes, it is. the story I going to come to an end! please keep supporting !! I hope you liked this chapter!