Chapter 4 - Speakeasy

2nd person POV

You were scrubbing your bathroom, it was your apartment cleaning week. After the race yesterday and winning the big money, you considered resting and spending time rearranging you apartment room.

It was a small apartment, the kitchen is connected to the living room, and a small bedroom with a tiny bathroom inside. Enough for one person to stay, you needn't any luxury.

The music blaring from your phone suddenly stops as it's replaced with your ringtone. It's an unknown number, you wonder as to pick it up or not. Listening to the ringtone music makes you don't want to pick it up either.

After a few seconds of making the caller wait, you decided to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Y/n-saann!" a familiar voice came from the other end. You sighed after unconsciously holding your breath.

"Hello, Baby 5. You called so early in the morning..."

"I wanna ask you if you're free the next Saturday?"

"... I guess so. I've decided I'm doing nothing that day. Why?"

"That's great! We discussed and decided that we're inviting you to dinner that day!"

"Ah, is that so?"

"Yep!"

'Well, I still have a few days before that. Sounds fine.'

"Alrighty then. Where should I wait?" You doubted asking for address to avoid any suspicion.

"Me, Law and Cora-san will pick you up at our usual hangout place. Is that good?"

"Yes, dear. I'll see you in a few days then."

"Hooray!" she hang up and the music starts again.

"What have I gotten myself into..." you pondered over your decision and continue scrubbing the bathroom.

It may seem a small matter for some people, but cleanliness is an important thing to maintain whenever possible.

You don't know when life comes crashing down and you won't even have clean water to wash your face.

Your favourite scented fragrance is placed on the shelf along with shampoo and body wash. A small jar-shaped glass with a f/c toothbrush is on the lowest part of the shelf, easiest to reach.

"That ought to do it."

Rinsing the whole shower floor and wall to see clean surface is one of the most thing you find satisfying.

'What to have for lunch, hm?'

|||||

You decided to go out to your favourite speakeasy, owned by two of your friends, Shanks and Mihawk. They occasionally invite someone to perform.

Making your way to the bar, Shanks spotted you and offered to sit at the same table.

"Hey, Akagami." you giggled slightly.

"Y/n! Come on, someone is performing today."

"Oh really, who?" you fixed your sling bag and glasses slightly.

"We put in a lot for his performance, the customers has been requesting ever since he released the tracks."

"Ah, okay. But who?"

"Haven't you heard? Donquixote Doflamingo, the famous auto racing manager! Also the Joker in our community.." he whispered the last part into your ears.