Chapter 14 - The Girl Who's Called A Boy

3rd person's POV

It was glorious. She had escaped from her house and into the streets.

The lights are dim as she settled to sleep on the park benches. The 15 year old knows better than to be careless. Her hair has been cut short and styled into one who would take as a boy.

She has a passion for speed, and she takes racing as an interest. Tomorrow has a racing at the Colosseum, and she intends to compete illegally, alone.

Having stolen a motorcycle, she hopes it'll make it for her to win the race. For the money she's going to need.

Will she be obtaining any money, though?

If she's lucky, maybe someone will let her register as a racer. A high doubt for that, though.

As tomorrow came, Y/n felt like she barely got any sleep. She revved the engine of the bike she had stolen, speeding towards the Colosseum.

She fixed her hair, and looked around. The crowd are all cheering. She wonders if one day she'll have people cheer for her, too. She closed her eyes, steadying herself. She wears her helmet. The race starts and she zipped in between the racers.

"Oh, we have outselves a speeding champ! Who is that boy, we wonder? A new racer?" the commentator spoke.

Y/n didn't stop. She thoughts of how stupid the security here is, letting people in for a race without any barriers and limits.

Made the job easier for her, really.

A guy, no older than 3 years from her is watching her –or him– with interest. He chuckled, knowing well she is an illegal participant. He went to the desk and said the boy is a newbie registered under him.

"Name?"

"Oh, I forgot to ask him his real name. Though, you'll call him Cage, for now..." he smirked.

"Oh, okay okay! Thank you for clarifying!"

After a few laps, the race finally came to an end, and she managed to speed up and achieve number two.

"You're quite fast. What's your name?" a guy her age asked.

"Y/M/n" Y/n muttered, looking down. She took off her helmet, setting it on the bike.

"Great! I'm Skye." he hold out a hand. Y/n stared at it before giving it a clap, smiling ever so slightly.

"Hahah, I bet we'll both be a famous racer one day! On a track which is way harder than this one!" he laughed.

A chuckle is heard, and a guy with a top hat came clapping his hand at Y/n.

"Terrific performance, boy!" he said, giving the girl a side hug, leading her away from Skye.

"I know you're an illegal racer." he whispered. "I'll have you registered under me, how does that sound? You'll get profit from this."

"How do I know I can trust you?" Y/n spoke, using her different voice.

"Today's racing prize is 200,000 belli for the first place. You're second, that's 150,000 belli. If you're illegally racing, you're receiving no rewards." he explained.

Being a naive 15 year old have no choice but to agree, since she's going to need the money.

The first few weeks, she has been winning races so far, with the new bike Laffitte gave her, it's a huge upgrade. A year passed, and she feels like Laffitte starts to take the reward more to himself.