Chapter 3

Veronica brought out a bejeweled lilac mask from behind her back with a smile spread across her face. "Father decided to make your party a masquerade ball." Valentine said from behind me. "Isn't that awesome? Everyone won't know who is who! So you can flirt with whoever you want." Veronica said excitedly. I rolled my eyes at their excitement as they put the mask on my face careful not to mess up anything. "So what's the point of the make up then?" I asked jokingly, gaining me a glare from Veronica. "It makes the mask more enchanting, duh." Valentine said giggling. "Whatever you say Vale but this mask is going to start getting annoying sooner or later. Oh yeah when are you two going to get ready? There is only about an hour until the ball and you both have been focusing on how I look." I said lifting my eyebrow at them. "Well, we wanted to make sure you looked amazing before we focused on ourselves." They answered together, freakishly as they inspected their work once more. They were perfectionist for sure, just like our father. "You two have completed the impossible, so now make yourselves look awesome!' I said laughing pushing them out my bedroom. "Don't do anything that will mess up your hair! Valentine said pointedly. "Okay, okay I won't mess up your master pieces." 

"Breath Vick, breath." I told myself as I descended the stairs. "No one is staring, its just your imagination." I made it to the first floor, where my father was greeting the incoming guests both Lycans and Vampires. He had his polite, diplomatic smile on and his mask was a plain black one. So far so good I suppose. "Hello, father." I greeted placing my hand on his offered arm. "You look absolutely stunning Victoria. I hope you like the mask idea, your mother suggested it since that was how she and I met."  I smiled brightly at him and said, "I love it daddy, maybe I'll find a suitable guy like you tonight." He smiled warmly and patted my hand, "Maybe you will and if he happens to be a vampire, I give you me blessing." My eyes opened wide with pure surprise and i had to stop myself from crying before i messed up Veronica's creation. I hugged my father tightly and said, "Really? Daddy you are the best Lycan King that has ever lived!" He chuckled and cupped my cheek, "I only want what make you happy darling, now run along and enjoy your party and remember I love you." I nodded then curtsied, "I love you too." I said before I walked towards the Ballroom.

I could see people dancing in the middle of the room, masks everywhere. I smiled brightly as I saw Cameron standing next to my  brother, they seemed to be talking. I was about to go over to them but I stopped myself. I didn't want to be rude but i didn't want him asking why I ran way last night. My inward battle was halted by Cameron looking up and waving at me. My mind said run but I sucked it up and started my way toward him. Well he already saw me so I have to say hello. Lance looked at me and said "Well if it isn't the lady of the hour. I was wondering when you would find your vampire master." I rolled my eyes grinning, "Well if it isn't our future king cavorting with vampires! How shocking!" He chuckled and gave me a bear hug. He always seems so tough and clod but when it came to mother, our sisters and myself, Lance was as soft as a teddy bear. I returned the hug and kissed his cheek leaving a light pink stain. I giggled as he tried to wipe it off. "Have fun Vicky and happy birthday sis." He said and then turned to Cameron and James shook their hands. "Nice to meet you two." How hadn't I notice James standing there? He looked really nice, he wore an emerald   mask making his bright blue eyes have a mesmerizing effect. I found myself rudely gaping at him, like an utter idiot. I looked away from him and looked at Cameron. Cameron looked nice also, he wore a black mask with white swirls decorated on it. I smiled at Cameron politely not feeling any warmth towards him. "Hello, Cameron. Are you enjoying the Ball?" I asked nicely, our friendship feeling void. "Yes, I am but why didn't you mention it yesterday?" He asked slightly caressing my cheek, I jerked away from his touch. I forced a smile, "My father decided to plan a surprise party." I said looking at James who was leaning against the wall. "Well it was very nice of him to invite us. I hope you don't mind but I brought Jessica as my date."

 My blood went cold from his words. "You did what?" I practically screamed and right on cue, Jessica catches my eye. She was dancing with Luke. I growled minicingly and backed away from Cameron. "You just don't get it, do you?" I asked anger evident in my voice. "Get what? What did I do wrong Victoria?" he asked ignorantly. "Cameon don't you ever talk to me again! You and Jessica better stay out of my sight tonight. I grew up with too many manners to make you leave but help me god if you speak one word to me again, you'll regret ever being able to speak!" I seethed, feeling sttares from the whole room. Veronica and Valentine came up next to me both placing a supporting hand on my shoulders. I turned awya fuming, ignoring the utter shocked expression on Cameron's face. He ruined my mood completely and now I needed to cool off before Jessica or Cameron ended up with broken bones. 

I left the Ballroom and went out on one of the many balconies, the cool breeze cooling my temper. I sighed and leaned my back against the cold balcony, letting my head fell back. Why did he have to bring her as his date? Was he truely that dense?