Chapter 11

The sun was hovering over the horizon, when I finished reading the book for the second time

The sun was hovering over the horizon, when I finished reading the book for the second time. There were only three other people in the book that had the same inherited traits that I had, though some of them some other peculiarities. I was the first female recorded to have inherited the silver eyes, so there was a chance that I would either get some of the peculiarities that my ancestors had or they could be different. I had spent all day outside under my tree, only occasionally calling for someone to bring me snacks and beverages. I was now laying on the grass observing the sun causing the sky to transform into night. Lycans usually spent their awake hours equally in the day and night. We did this to be able to have equal interaction with the other species that live in this city, both nocturnal and diurnal. Though Lycans traditionally are nocturnal over the centuries they came to dwell in the daylight just as much as the moon light.

"I wonder if he'll call on me tonight." I mused aloud with a whimsical sigh and closing my eyes, listening to the sound of the wind rustling the leaves above me. I felt such peace when the night consumed the day, it was truly serene. "Why don't you call on him, if you wish to see him?" Jonah's deep voice asked from a small distance from me. I opened my eyes and smiled turning my head towards him, "I don't want to seem desperate, I don't want to act foolish again over a guy. Plus it's unladylike." He chuckled no doubt about the unladylike part, he knew I could care less if I came off as unladylike to anyone. "Well, then you will wait for him to make the first move and then follow his lead, I suppose." I laughed at this and shook my head, I was never doing that again. Waiting for a guy was giving him the advantage and after the whole Cameron thing I was never going to let a guy have the upper hand no matter how dazzling their smile could be. "Besides I would rather you make up your mind now to go see him. Since I know for a fact that you will want to see him and will no doubt sneak out to go see him. So, to save me some hassle why don't you just ask permission and we will go together." Jonah's voice held his usual seriousness, though I could tell he wouldn't truly get made if I put off making the decision until later. I leaned up on my elbow and laughed, "help me up, I need to freshen up before I go barging in at James' house." I extended an arm which Jonah took a couple of long strides and pulled me to my feet. Jonah nodded, "I will go ask your father for permission to take you and will get you from your room, Princess." I nodded stretching out my limbs as he turned to leave me. I brushed off the skirt of my dress and started towards the mansion so that I could go to my room.

I needed a shower and a fresh dress, I decided as I passed the mirrors in the mansion halls. So, when I finally made it to my room I stripped out of my clothes and turned on my shower, letting the water heat up. After a quick shower cleansing shower, I dressed in a light blue summer dress and a pair of black flats. I brushed my hair and blow drying it so I didn't look like a wet rat, then I twisted up and clipped it with a bejeweled butterfly clip. When Jonah knocked on my bedroom door I was in the middle of putting on some mascara. "Almost ready!" I yelled finishing the task, then putting on red tinted cherry lip gloss smacking my lips together satisfied. With last look at my refection I nodded in approval and turned walking to my door to open it. "Am I presentable?" I asked Jonah swishing my sundress skirt giddily. "Yes, James' mother is expecting you. Your father called himself to ask if you could visit and she was eager for you come over. Though he informed me that James and his father are out at the moment but they would returning soon. You will be having tea with James' mother, while you wait for him." My smile dimmed a little but I nodded, "okay. Well I'm ready to go after I grab my purse." Jonah nodded and I leaned to the side and snatch my black leather purse from a hook next to the door. I put my lip gloss in it and snapped it closed leaving my room walking past Jonah, who shadowed me. "Did she mention how long it will be before James arrives home?" I asked as we walked down the stairs, holding the banister. "Approximately an hour and a half, two hours at most." Jonah answered opening the front door for me.