Chapter 5

I looked into his eyes and held my breath waiting for what he was going to do. He was so close and I really wanted him to move that few centimeters. So that our lips would be touching. I know that it was strange but even though I've known James for the longest time I never noticed how intoxicating his scent was. Even Cameron had never made my stomach feel as though there were a thousand humming birds flapping around. I looked at his lips then back at his eyes hoping he would understand that I wanted him to kiss me. 

He moved back from me putting a few feet in between us. I looked down disappointed in his choice to put distance between us. "James why are you here instead of watching Cameron? Isn't he in a room full of lycans?" I said turning away from him, hoping that I sounded like he didn't effect my equilibrium. He chuckled and I could hear him running his fingers through his hair. " He's safe and your dad pretty much called a truce for you tonight so I doubt anything bad will happen to him. Plus I think that an unhappy birthday girl is a very pressing matter."  I rolled my eyes and leaned onto the railing then replied dryly. "My birthday was yesterday and it wasn't that great either if you didn't notice."

I could feel him move to stand behind me, his presence becoming overwhelming to my senses. " I know your birthday was yesterday and I know that Cameron ruined it but don't let him do it again. He might be a complete idiot when it comes to you but he didn't mean any harm when he invited Jessica as his date. I know he didn't know you disliked her. He thought you would be happy for him." I scoffed at that and turned to face James, looking him straight in the eyes. "Are you trying to make me want to hit you? I don't want either of them to ruin the rest of my night but you keep saying his damn name and it keeps reminding me how stupid I was to ever think I was in love with him!" I said this through gritted teethe.

His eyes lightened when I said the last part and he smiled at me like I just made his night. Was he mocking me? " Was?" Was all he asked. I looked at him and laughed bitterly, "Is that all you have to say? Was? Was what?" He caressed my cheek and then my bottom lip, sending a tingling feeling through me. "I was asking if you were still in love with him?"  He said his face nearing mine only there was less room between us than earlier. I shook my head in response because I couldn't trust my voice to answer. I looked at his lips and then into his eye like before but I knew this time he was going to kiss me and my body was buzzing with anticipation.

"Please." I breathed and then his lips smashed into mine, cause my whole body to go into a frenzy. I buried my fingers into his soft blond hair, pulling him closer to me. His cold contrast my my heat. Our lips moved in perfect rhythm and our bodies molded together like two parts of a whole. His tongue pressed against the seam of my lips asking for entrance. When I gave him entrance a moan came from my throat. The feeling of his tongue dancing with mine was earth shaking. If he was to do other things I think I would faint. 

If breathing wasn't necessary I don't think either of us would have stopped but alas it was. We were both breathing hard when we finally pulled apart. We still held onto each other, looking into each others eyes. "Wow." I said grinning like a fool. Someone cleared their throat at the balcony doors, both of our head snapped to look at who interrupted our moment. My eyes widened and I pulled away from James' cool embrace. "Who would have guessed that a simple command of 'go see if Vick is alright' would turn into this? No wonder you were taking so long." Cameron said walking towards us, his arms folded across his chest.