C H A P T E R 8

Akshara was fragrancing the hair of her queen with Sambrani while her heart broke seeing her tears not stopping.

"Akshara? Can you leave me alone for some time? I need to get a hold of myself before bidding the king." Sandhya asked and Akshara nodded in understanding before placing down the dhoop holder on the dressing table and bowing a little before ordering everyone to leave the chamber.

"How will I stay without you, maan?" Sandhya sobbed.

Her gaze fell on her mangalsutra that was made of pure gold and rubies with a few black beads. It reminded her that he was no ordinary man bit an emperor, and he was bounded to endless of duties.

No, she cannot bid him away with tears. It would be wrong and careless of her. She quickly wiped away the drop of tears and started to get ready by herself.

She combed through her slightly damp hair and braided it. She filled her hair partition with vermillion and wore the beaded green jewelry set she chose to match with her cream coloured lehenga.

After placing the dupatta neatly on her head, Sandhya left the room and headed entrance of the palace.

Raj mata already stood there with the Aarti platter in her hand while Badi Raj mata walked right after Sandhya came and glared at her.

She bent down to take her blessings from her mother in law but did not go to badi raj mata. During the first few days of her wedding, Sandhya took her blessings everyday however instead of bestowing on her, badi raj mata ended up saying insulting words to her. This humiliated and belittled Sandhya and the self respect she held did not allow her to further do it.

Abhimaan came in moments later, dressed in commoner's dress riding his favorite horse.

He got down and let his mother perform the prayer for him. He took her blessings and then hugged her mother who gave him a proud smile.

"Protect my wife, Maa sa." He said as a silent plea, knowing his wife is threatened by the evil minds wondering in his castle.

"I promise you." Raj mata, Padma reassured her son while rubbing his shoulders. He nodded and procceded to take the blessings of his grandmother.

"Chiranjeevi bhabva." (May you have a long life) she said, caressing his head with a warm smile. She took a step to hug his grandson but Abhimaan took a step back and made his way to his wife.

Badi Raj mata's face contorted with anger and shock. She was offended by his behaviour. She huffed and stomping her feet, she stormed away from there.

Their relationship soured recently because of her bitter and unrespectful behaviour towards Abhimaan's wife. Who could not bear his wife and future Queen being insulted on repeated occasions over nothing.

Abhimaan went close to Sandhya who looked at him with a small smile on her face and eyes begging him to come back as soon as possible.

He kissed her forehead and squeezed her shoulder reassuringly.

"Do not neglect your eating habits and if possible do send letters, I'll be waiting for you." Sandhya said, smiling bravely at her husband.

"I'll try my best, meri jaan." He said and pulled her in a hug.

"Take care of Maa sa." He told her and she nodded.