Chapter 2 Pg. 1

Talking to Him

Norah

After Mason had left the cafe to get everything ready, Sebastian and I had stayed to talk to one other.

"Norah if you don't mind me asking, what made you take custody of Forest?" He asked. I gave a sad smiled as I looked and tapped my coffee cup.

"It was five, almost six years now. But I had gotten him when he was six months old. It wasn't a guarantee if I would be able to become his guardian or not. His mother. My older sister decided she wanted to do drugs, and put my nephew in harm's way instead of actually being a mother.
  Around his birthday when he was about to turn one, she had cleaned up after that. I was happy for her. I was happy that she was actually wanting to be a mother, but I was also sad as well. After he had turned one things went well with my sister.
  She was taking classes for the drugs and was staying clean, but it was four months before his second birthday when I had gotten a call from our DHS worker, saying I would have full custody of him.
  I didn't understand why, because my sister was clean. Once our DHS worker had gotten to my house and had Forest with her I noticed the bruises and marks all over his body. That's when I understood why I was getting him back and I was getting full custody.
  She had yet again abused drugs and this time hurt her own child. I was disappointed in her. For awhile I had despised her for what she had done, but I know now that he is safe with me" I said.
  I see Sebastian hand grab my left one gently. I looked up and see him smiling at me softly.

"Thank you for telling me. It helps me to understand the both of you better" He said.
  I smiled and squeezed his hand gently. I let out a yawn and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I hope you don't mind me leaning my head on your shoulder. I didn't get much sleep last night and then I had to wake up early to get Forest ready" I said. I traced the outline of his hand as he let out a small hum.

"I don't mind. Do you not sleep well at night?" He asked.

"No...no I do, but for the last couple of nights someone has been on my mind" I said as I felt the blush slowly come to surface on my face.
  I hid my face into his shoulder more.

"Oh...you must have met someone important then" he said. I looked up through my eye lashes and see him glaring down at his coffee cup.
  I-is he jealous? Sebastian King is jealous. I see it clearly on his face. He mumbled to himself.

"Lucky bastard" Sebastian mumbled as I smiled. I let out a small laugh. Its cute to see him like this. Even though he hasn't left my mind since I have met him. How would you react if you knew that the man inside my head that was keeping me up late at nights were you.
  I leaned forward and see his cheeks has gone slightly red. I smiled at him as he turned his gaze somewhere else.

"Is someone jealous?" I asked. He shook his head as he took a sip of his coffee.

"No. No. None of the sorts. Whoever is on your mind is one lucky person is all" he said quietly.
  I laughed as we both stood up and slid out of the booth. I threw my empty coffee cup away and he held the door open for me.

"Thank you" I said. He smiled at me as we both made our way to my truck. He held open my truck door and let me climb in. I shut the door and roll down the window, looking at him.

"Thank you for today. I enjoyed it very much" I said. He smiled at me.

"I enjoyed it as well. Maybe I could take you out to dinner next weekend?" Sebastian asked. I smiled at him.

"I would love that" I said. He smiled and said goodbye. Should I tell him? Eh! What the hell, why not.
  He had gotten in his truck. I rolled up my window and made sure the door was unlocked before opening up my driver side door and shutting it.
  I knocked on his window of his truck. He rolled it down. I unlocked the door and opened it. I climbed on the seat and bent over kissing his cheek.
  He looked over at me surprised.

"That's just a little thank you again" I said.  I climbed out and made my way back to my truck. I rolled down the window and put it in reverse.

"Oh and Sebastian" I said. He looked over at me as I smiled.

"The lucky bastard that has been on my mind the whole time has been you. I'll see you tonight" I said as I backed out and made my way to a couple of the shops.