2. School

"Alright, you have everything you might need for school. Now remember, be a good boy and listen to the teachers. You do as your told!" Daddy said handing me me backpack as the school us parked in front of the house.

"I promise to be good, Daddy!" I said opening the door and running out to the bus.

I jumped on and looked for a seat, I stopped by a little boy who was crying in the back.

He had long blond hair and bright blue eyes. He wore dirty torn clothes and had bruises on his skin.

"Hello! I'm Maverick! What's your name?" I asked.

"Um, Daniel," said the boy.

"Can I sit here?" I asked.

Daniel nodded and wiped his tears. I jumped beside him and stared out the window.

"I'm going to be a big brother!" I said happily.

"Oh?" Daniel said.

"And I'm going to teach my little sister everything I know!" I said proudly.

"You look smart," Daniel said. "I'm sure you have a lot to teach! How will you manage that?"

"Don't worry!" I said. "I'll teach her more as she gets older!"

"That sounds like a good idea, I want a baby bother or sister. But my daddy says he doesn't want me. And he hits me a lot and does other stuff to me. Does your daddy ever touch you, Maverick?" Daniel asked.

"No," I said frowning. "Daddy says that if someone touches you in your privates than you should tell someone because it's bad!"

"But my daddy says it's because he loves me," Daniel said.

I didn't know what to say. My daddy never told me if it was wrong for daddy's to touch their sons.

"Maybe it isn't bad, maybe it's only if other people do it to you," I said.

"Maybe," Daniel shrugged and looked out the window as we pulled up to the big school.

"It looks like a mansion!" I said smiling. "Not even my house is as big as this! What does your house look like?" 

Daniel pointed to a van.

"Oh! You travel! I have an aunt who travels in a van!" I said.

Daniel didn't say anything he just got out of the bus and I followed him.

We walked to the school before Daniel turned to look at me.

"Stop following me!" He growled.

"But I thought we were friends!" I said sadly.

"I don't wanna be friends with you. You talk too much!" 

🌹
🌹
🌹

I burst into the house crying. Daddy and Papa looked away from the baby crib and stared at me wide eyed.

"Oh, Maverick, what's wrong?" Papa asked scooping me into his arms.

"I met two people who I thought were my friends but then they told me to stop talking to them!" I said.

"Oh, Rickie, it's alright. It happens sometimes. But trust me, once you're there for a few weeks, they'll love you!" Daddy said.

"They will?" I asked sniffling.

"Yep! Because they can see how cool my son really is!" Daddy said.

I smiled thinking he was right.

"Can I see my new sister?" I asked.

Papa took the bay from the crib and knelt beside me.

"Her name is Delilah," Papa said.

"I can't wait to teach Delilah everything I know!" I said.

"I'm sure you'll be a great big brother," Papa said.

Axl

"I told you, sending him to school was a stupid idea. Do you know how hurt he must have been when those kids treated him that way. What's he supposed to learn from school, not to get his hopes up? I don't know, I just wish we could've homeschooled him for just a bit longer," Skeeter rambled as he stood in front of the mirror brushing his beautiful blonde hair.

"Skeeter, calm down. It's his first day, it's bound to happen. Kids will come around eventually," I said walking behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his cheek.

"And if they don't? He's going to be at that same school until Junior year!" Skeeter said.

I nipped at my husband's neck and he gasped.

"Stop worrying, babe, he'll be fine!" I said.

"You better be right," Skeeter mumbled. "And if I'm not?" I asked.

"No sex for a year."

"God, I hope I'm right."

Skeeter giggled.

"So do I."