16. Sleepover Disaster

Delilah 

I was all giddy when Papa drove me to Jessie's house. I was going to have so much fun! 

"Alright, Lilah, be good and listen to the adults and do as your told. And if anything makes you uncomfortable I want you to call me and I will come and get you alright?" Papa asked worriedly as we parked in Jessie's driveway. "Yeah!" I said. "Alright, off you go, have fun!" Papa said kissing my forehead. 

I ran off into the house and was warmly welcomed by Jessie's mother. "The girls are upstairs, have fun! Pizza will be here soon!" the mom said. 

I smiled and ran up the stairs to Jessie's room. "Ew!" Said one girl when she saw me. "Wendy! That was so rude!" a girl named Harmony said. "Come on in!" I sat beside the blonde-headed girl and she smiled warmly at me. I smiled back. 

"Why is your hair so red?" One girl asked. "Uhm, it's not my fault," I said in a small voice. Harmony wrapped her arm over my shoulders. "Don't talk about her like that. I think her red hair is pretty!" she said with a nod, her blue eyes looked almost purple as they glowed in the bright light of Jessie's room. 

"Her daddy hits her! I heard a girl tell me he does!" One girl said. "It figures, mommy says that you can't trust a singer to take care of a kid!"Jessie said. 

"Guys, you should keep your thoughts to yourself and not say them in front of Delilah!" Harmony said. 

I was grateful to have her but I didn't feel like staying here as I began to cry. 

"Aw! She's such a baby!" Jessie said. Everyone started laughing and I rose to my feet and walked out of the room with Harmony following me behind. 

"Where are you going, Delilah?" Harmony asked. "I'm going home," I said grabbing the phone and dialing the number to my dad. 

"Hello?" came the calming voice of dad. 

"Daddy, I wanna go home. I don't like it here," I pouted. 

"Of course, sugar, I'll be here in a minute," Daddy said. 

I hung up and called out to Jessie's mom that I was going to wait for Daddy out on the porch. Harmony joined me so I wouldn't have to be alone. 

"Are your eyes blue or purple?" I asked. "Purple! I was born with Alexandria's Genesis! It turns my eyes from blue to purple, it's pretty cool isn't it!?" "Yeah!" I said. 

I heard a car horn honk and I stood up and walked to the car and waved goodbye to Harmony. 

"What happened, sugar?" Daddy asked. "The girls were being mean to me. Except for Harmony, she has purple eyes. And they are so pretty! I wish I could've just stayed with her but everyone was so mean and they made me cry and made fun of me for crying!" I said. "That's horrible, Dee," Daddy said. "I know, I hope I never have to go through that again!" I said sinking in my seat. "Me too, Lilah," Daddy said ruffling my hair.